Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help   
Susquehanna University Logo Susquehanna University:
1950 to 1959

results 1-20 of 89 item(s)  page 1 of 5 : ( <<  1  2  3  4  5  >> ) :: previous : next
 
Browsing 89 item(s) in:  
 Image: Title: Date: Description: Subject:

1. 1950s Nuclear Arms Race 1950s Nuclear Arms Race 1951-01-17 The nuclear arms race between the United States and the Soviet Union was in full swing in the 1950s. The inevitability of war and what its effects might be were on the minds of many. Susquehanna University... Arms race; Political issues; Students; Universities & colleges; Susquehanna University;

2. 1951 Football Team Roster 1951 Football Team Roster 1951-11-10 This page from a 1951 Crusaders football game program shows the undefeated team's roster.The cigarette advertisement encouraging college students to choose Chesterfield cigarettes over other brands reminds... Football; Programs; Registers; Advertisements; Susquehanna University;

3. Blood drive Blood drive 1952-11-25 The Susquehanna University community has always come together in a time of need and most particularly during war time. This newspaper article details the need for blood during the Korean War and encourages... Blood donations; War; Students; Universities & colleges; Susquehanna University;

4. Blough-Weis Library Blough-Weis Library 1951-12-11 Built in 1928, the University's Library has seen its share of changes but some things remain the same. This 1951 article from the school newspaper attempts to uncover the secrets the Library holds. Please... Libraries; Blough-Weis Library; Susquehanna University; Universities & colleges; Roger M. Blough Learning Center;

5. Blough-Weis Library Blough-Weis Library 1959 The original Library building was constructed in 1928. Due to the increasingly large book collection and the need for more study space, an addition was built on the south side of the building in 1958.... Libraries; Blough-Weis Library; Susquehanna University; Roger M. Blough Learning Center;

6. Blough-Weis Library Blough-Weis Library 1956-12-00 The Library was built in 1928. By 1956 a new addition to it was needed for its growing book collections and the increasing student body. On the front page of the 1956 Susquehanna Alumnus, the Library announces... Buildings; Libraries; Blough-Weis Library; Susquehanna University; Roger M. Blough Learning Center;

7. Bogar hall Bogar hall 1952 Bogar Hall was built in 1951. It was named after alumnus Jerry Bogar and his son Guy Bogar. It housed the school's humanities programs, but mostly business programs were held in the building. Because of... Buildings; Universities & colleges; Susquehanna University;

8. Bogar Hall and the Little Theatre Bogar Hall and the Little Theatre 1952-03-03 Built in 1951, Susquehanna unveiled the new Jerry D. Bogar, Jr. building with much pride. A description of the building's many amenities appeared in the program for The Merchant of Venice which was performed... Bogar Hall; Susquehanna University; Bogar, Jerry D., Jr.;

9. Bogar Hall and the Little Theatre Bogar Hall and the Little Theatre 1952-03-03 Named in honor of Jerry Bogar and his son, Guy, its two largest donors, Bogar Hall housed the University's Arts and Humanities Programs. Dramas were presented in the "Little Theatre". Susquehanna students... Theatrical productions; Bogar Hall; Susquehanna University; Bogar, Jerry D., Jr.;

10. Bond and key Bond and key 1956-05-01 Bond and Key, the University's first Fraternity, was established in 1914. It became part of Lambda Chi Alpha, a large national Fraternity, in 1955. The merger was announced in the school newspaper. Bond and key; Lambda Chi Alpha; Susquehanna University; Fraternal organizations;

11. Business department Business department 1957 The Business Department was developed at Susquehanna University in 1903. Previously it had been called the Commercial Department. In 1957, the Business Department offered Bachelor of Science degrees in... Schools; Business Departmenrt; Susquehanna University;

12. Business Department Business Department 1957 Students of the University's Business School busily study the courses offered by the Department in 1957. Schools; Business Department; Susquehanna University;

13. Business Society Business Society 1957 Created in 1931, the Business Society was formed so that business students could gather to discuss "the affairs and problems in the business world." Secretarial students were also encouraged to join the... Organizations; Business Society; Susquehanna University;

14. Business Society Business Society 1957 The Business Society's monthly meetings allowed business students to plan business-related programs and field trips and share their common interest. This image shows the Society's 1957 membership. Organizations; Business Society; Susquehanna University;

15. Campus Aerial View Campus Aerial View 1954 ca. The physical grounds of Susquehanna University did not see much expansion until the 1950s. Shown here is an aerial view of the campus in 1954. Universities & colleges; Susquehanna University; Aerial views;

16. Campus Expansion Campus Expansion 1953-03-10 Between its inception in 1858 and 1953, Susquehanna underwent much change and growth. The school newspaper acknowledged that growth while addressing small changes that the student body hoped would be made.... Universities & colleges; Susquehanna University;

17. Campus Expansion Campus Expansion 1952 In 1858, Susquehanna University (Missionary Institute) started with one building, Selinsgrove Hall. The physical expansion of the campus continues over the years. From the pages of the 1952 Lanthorn, a... Maps; Universities & colleges; Susquehanna University;

18. Cards Cards 1954 ca. Students pass the time playing cards. Cards; Dormitories; Students; Susquehanna University;

19. Centennial Commencement Centennial Commencement 1958 Susquehanna University celebrated its centennial in 1958. Shown here are the commencement exercises of 1958 taking place in front of Bogar Hall. The stage-like entrance to the building made it perfectly... Graduation ceremonies; Bogar Hall; Susquehanna University;

20. Cheerleaders Cheerleaders 1958 ca. Cheerleaders rev up the crowd at a 1958 Homecoming rally. Showing their Susquehanna University spirit, from left, are cheerleaders Jinny Letson, Judy Diehle, Peggy Dalby, Lois Kohl, D.J. Shuman and Elaine... Cheerleading; Homecomings; Letson, Jinny; Diehle, Judy; Dalby, Peggy; Kohl, Lois; Shuman, D.J.; Turner, Elaine; Susquehanna University
results 1-20 of 89 item(s)  page 1 of 5 : ( <<  1  2  3  4  5  >> ) :: previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  Access Pennsylvania Digital Repository ^ to top ^