Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help   
Lycoming College Logo Lycoming College:
Lycoming College Campus: Past and Present Collection

results 1-20 of 314 item(s)  page 1 of 16 : ( <<  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  >> ) :: previous : next
 
Browsing 314 item(s) in:  
 Image: Title: Date: Description: Subject:

1. Mary Ellen Whitehead Williams Mary Ellen Whitehead Williams Williams Hall on the Lycoming College Campus is named in honor of Mary Ellen Whitehead Williams. Her son, Joseph A. Williams, the owner of St. Mary's Sewer Pipe Company and benefactor of the College, donated... Mothers

2. Music Room in Bradley Hall Music Room in Bradley Hall The music room in Bradley Hall. There is a woman seated at the piano at the back of the room and a man standing just to her right. Pianos; music; windows

3. Old Main Old Main A photograph of Old Main. From scrapbook of Edward Lester Lewis. Buildings; trees; windows; walkways

4. Williamsport Academy Building Williamsport Academy Building 1820 The old Williamsport Academy was the predecessor of Williamsport Dickinson Seminary. Its full name on the incorporation papers from 1811 was the 'Williamsport Academy for the Education of Youth in the... Educational facilities

5. Old Main Old Main 1860 View of Old Main from the wooden fence and railings. The West Wing was built in 1839, the East Wing in 1850, and the center section was added in 1855, which became six stories of faculty and administrative... Balconies; Cornices; Cupolas; Dormitories; Gates; Office buildings; Pediments; Universities & colleges

6. Sketch of Old Main Sketch of Old Main 1860 Photographic print of a sketch of Old Main from the 1860s. This is the way the building looked soon after the three wings were joined in 1855. The fence in this sketch is still wooden. It was later replaced... Dormitories; Fences; Gates; Cupolas; Railroad tracks; Railroads; Trees

7. Williamsport Dickinson Academy Williamsport Dickinson Academy 1891 This is the back of 1579BNG. The advertisement goes into detail about the Williamsport Dickinson Seminary with descriptions of the facilities, the location, and includes expenses for students and includes...

8. Williamsport Dickinson Seminary Williamsport Dickinson Seminary 1891 The front of a 3 x 5 card advertising Williamsport Dickinson Seminary. It is dated 1891 and was donated by Idabelle Eck. Buildings

9. Dormitory Rooms in Old Main Dormitory Rooms in Old Main 1897 Four views of students' rooms in Old Main, showing period furniture, draperies, and the students' decorative touches. Three photos show female students studying and writing. Beds; Clothes chests; Decorations; Desks; Dormitories; Interiors; Posters; Rocking chairs; Rooms & spaces; Students; Studying; Writing

10. Old Main Old Main 1899 View of Old Main looking south through the stone gates. The West Wing was built in 1839, the East Wing in 1850, and the center section was added in 1855. That section became six stories of faculty and... Balconies; Cornices; Cupolas; Dormitories; Gates; Office buildings; Pediments; Stone walls; Trees; Universities & colleges

11. Old Main Old Main 1900 Old Main and Bradley Hall looking north from the train tracks. The presence of the stone gates indicates that this photo is from the early 1900s. Cupolas; Dormitories; Railroad tracks; Snow; Stairways; Stone walls; Trees; Wings (Building divisions)

12. Bradley Hall Bradley Hall 1900 Two women sit and stand by a tree next to Bradley Hall. Another stands somewhat behind them holding up a bicycle. All three are wearing hats and long, dark dresses or coats. Bradley Hall was built in 1895... Bicycles; Cornices; Libraries; Medallions (Ornament areas); Music education; Pedestrian bridges; Pediments; Women

13. Entrance to Williamsport Dickinson Seminary Entrance to Williamsport Dickinson Seminary 1905 View of the entrance to Williamsport Dickinson Seminary looking through the stone gateway toward Old Main and Bradley Hall. Cornices; Cupolas; Dormitories; Gates; Office buildings; Pediments; Porches; Stone walls; Trees; Universities & colleges

14. Bradley Hall Bradley Hall 1906 View of Bradley Hall and the walkway that led to Old Main. Bradley Hall was built in 1895 and named for Thomas Bradley of Philadelphia, President of the Board of Trustees and great benefactor of the College.... Buildings

15. Old Main Old Main 1907 A front view of Old Main featured on a postcard sent from Hazel K. to Miss Bessie E. Miller. Balconies; Cornices; Doors & doorways; Dormitories; Porches; Universities & colleges

16. ""Angel Factory"" Eveland Hall ""Angel Factory"" Eveland Hall 1908 A photograph of the ""Angel Factory"" (Eveland Hall) taken during the winter of 1908. From the scrapbook of Edward Lester Lewis. winter; snow

17. Old Main Old Main 1915 View of Old Main from the stone gate and steps. On back: 'West looking East Gate.' Cornices; Dormitories; Dwellings; Gates; Stairways; Stone walls; Trees

18. Old Main and Bradley Hall Old Main and Bradley Hall 1916 View of Old Main and Bradley Hall looking across the train tracks. Old Main served as a dormitory, classrooms, and offices. Bradley Hall was the location of music instruction, the library, and other classes.... Balconies; Cornices; Cupolas; Doors & doorways; Dormitories; Hedges (Plants); Libraries; bridges; Pediments; Windows;

19. Tripartite Hall in Bradley Hall Tripartite Hall in Bradley Hall 1916 View of Tripartite Hall in Bradley Hall, the second music classroom. Elocution lessons were taught here. A copy of this photo first appears in the 1916 Williamsport Dickinson Seminary catalog. Chairs; Chandeliers; Desks; Doors & doorways; Lecture halls; Paintings;

20. Bradley Hall, Library and Reading Room Bradley Hall, Library and Reading Room 1916 View of Bradley Hall's library and reading room in 1916. Libraries; Rooms & spaces
results 1-20 of 314 item(s)  page 1 of 16 : ( <<  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  >> ) :: previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | contact us  Access Pennsylvania Digital Repository ^ to top ^