Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
page 1 of 18 : (
add to favorites
Warren County Courthouse Complex (1877)
Courthouses; Jails; Sheriffs
Warren County courthouse, jail, and Sheriff's residence, Market Street and Fourth Avenue, soon after construction. Photo taken in 1877 or slightly later.
Philip Tome (1782-1855)
People; Portrait drawings
Philip Tome, from an old framed photo. Author of Pioneer Life or Thirty Years a Hunter.
Arnett House at Liberty Street and Third Avenue (circa 1875)
The Lewis Arnett house on the east side of Liberty Street near Third Avenue. Today, 2004, the site is occupied by the Spiridon building, headquarters of the Allegheny National Forest. Photo circa 1875....
Sternwheeler (circa 1890)
Stern wheelers; Boats
Excursion sternwheeler built by Mr. Clark at his machine shop at the upper end of The Island in the 1880s. Photo circa 1890.
First National Bank Building (1800)
Banks; Buildings; Broadcasting
Original First National Bank building, 310 Second Avenue, built in 1871-1872 on the site of Dunn's Tavern. The lower facade was remodeled in 1911 and later enclosed becoming part of the Betty Lee store....
Tanner Store at Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue (1816)
General stores; Buildings
Archibald Tanner's 1816 general store building on the south side of Pennsylvania Avenue, just west of the Exchange Block and next to the suspension bridge. It stood until 1909 when the Soldiers and Sailors...
Tanner-Scofield House (circa 1885)
The Tanner-Scofield house, east side of Liberty Street between Second and Third Avenues (in 2004 the site of the former Montgomery Ward building). Built in 1833, it was razed in 1928. Photo 1895 (?)
Pennsylvania Avenue (circa 1880)
View west from Second Avenue at The Point. Intersection with Pennsylvania Avenue, originally part of Water Street. Photo circa 1880.
Liberty and Second Street Intersection (1854)
Johnson's Exchange was built in 1854 on the southeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue. It burned in 1900 and was replaced by buildings now owned by Northwest Savings Bank but for many years...
Brown Brothers Foundry & Machine Shop: Pennsylvania Avenue West (1855)
The 1855 Brown Brothers Foundry (later site of Struthers-Wells) on Pennsylvania Avenue West at the Pennsylvania Railroad crossing. This frame building stood where the remaining Struthers brick shops now...
Covered Bridge at Russell, PA (circa 1930)
The Russell covered bridge (third on the same site) built in 1853 and razed in 1937, replaced by an iron bridge still in use in 2004. Photo probably circa 1930 or slightly later.
Col. David Gardner in a Parade (circa 1910)
Parades & processions; People
Col. David Gardner, Marshall of Memorial Day Parade, in G.A.R. uniform. Building in rear is at southeast corner of Liberty Street and Third Avenue; built by Ebenezer Jackson and later called the Sill House....
Allegheny Valley & Pittsburgh Railroad at Dunkirk (circa 1895)
Dunkirk, Allegheny Valley & Pittsburgh Railroad depot at the northwest corner of Laurel Street and Fourth Avenue, built in 1893 and razed in 1939. Photo probably taken very shortly after construction,...
Lumber Raft (1885)
Lumber industry; Suspension bridges; Bridges
Lumber raft (two thirds width of a regular ""Allegheny Raft"") coming in for a landing just above the suspension bridge, 1885. Photo by Col. Fred E. Windsor.
Second Avenue at the Point (1869)
Shoe stores; Clothing stores; Buildings
An early (1869) photo of the south side of Second Avenue west of Liberty Street to The Point. The fourth frame building from the corner housed Smith's shoe store; next was the Central Clothing Store. The...
Second Avenue (circa 1875)
North Side of Second Avenue opposite Watson-Davis block. Left to right: Verback's block, Seneca Burgess grocery, First National Bank. Photo circa 1875. Insurance & Real Estate office on lower level of...
Historic Stone house on Fourth Avenue (circa 1912)
Old stone building on Fourth Avenue opposite the location of the Warren County courthouse built in 1834 by Robert Falconer for Lumberman's Bank and a tavern. Later Diamond House, Tanner House, and Mansion...
Lansing Wetmore Family Home (1886)
The home of the Lansing Wetmore family, built in 1838 on the south side of Second Avenue between Market and Liberty Streets, stood partly on the present site of offices of the United Refining Company....
Guy Irvine House: 'The Locusts' (circa 1831)
The Locusts - Guy Irvine's house below Russell, built 1831-1835. Original fence and portico removed, then later restored by Will A. Walker. Photo about 1905.
Leonhart & Son, Harness Makers (1885)
People; Stores & shops; Houseboats
Leonhart & Son, Harness Makers, shop in extreme west end of the Exchange block of Pennsylvania Avenue, circa 1885. An addition to the west later housed the Warren VFW chapter clubrooms. This portion of...
add to favorites
page 1 of 18 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^