Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
page 3 of 18 : (
add to favorites
Crescent Park View (circa 1905)
Hospitals; Rivers; Buildings
View to the south side and Warren General Hospital from Pennsylvania Avenue circa 1905.
Cutting Suspension Bridge Cables (1918)
Suspension bridges; Construction
Cutting one of the suspension bridge cable sets on the south side in 1918. Cables were fastened to ""deadmen"" underground, passing through large stone structures on the surface. (These structures were...
D.A.V. & P Railroad Passenger Depot (????)
Railroad stations; Railroads; People; Buildings
Dunkirk, Allegheny Valley & Pittsburgh passenger depot, at the northwest corner of Laurel Street and Fourth Avenue, demolished after passenger service ceased in 1937. Original station was at Beech Street...
Dave Bairstow Beside the Conewango Creek (circa 1886)
People; Streets; Photographic studios
Dave Bairstow, circa 1886 (born 1882 or 1883). The view is to the northeast across the Conewango Creek towards the Branch stone quarry above Jackson Street. The quarry is visible along the barn roof at...
David Beaty Mansion (1875)
Dwellings; Oil well drilling rigs
David Beaty's mansion on Conewango Avenue near Fifth Avenue in 1875. It was built in 1873. In 1939 the entire front section of the house was removed and the remainder remodeled with standard pitched roofs...
Devils Elbow on the Allegheny River at Kinzua (circa 1940)
Illustrations; Rivers; Valleys
Devils Elbow on the Allegheny River at Kinzua, ca 1940.
Dr. Fernando Randall (1898)
People; Dwellings; Physicians
Dr. Fernando Randall, state geologist, at his home at 503 Fourth Avenue, Warren, 1898
Dr. William V. Hazeltine Building (circa 1885)
Physicians; Dwellings; Buildings
The Dr. William V. Hazeltine/Floridin building, east side of Liberty Street (site of the Spiridon building), ca 1885. It housed numerous tenants over the years including Conewango Building and Loan, Warren...
East Side of Liberty Street (circa 1940)
East side of Liberty Street from Pennsylvania Avenue to beyond Second Avenue in Warren, ca 1940.
Edward D. Wetmore Home (circa 1894)
Edward D. Wetmore home, 608 Pennsylvania Avenue west, ca 1894. On the block now (2004) occupied by St. Joseph's Church and School.
Edwin R. Pierce House (circa 1870)
Edwin R. Pierce house, 509 Market Street, ca 1870. Owned by a succession of families including Kopf, Schumacher, and Boger.
Edwin W. Siegfried Store Interior, Johnson Exchange Block, Liberty Street and Second Avenue (1890)
People; Interiors; Stores & shops
Probably the Edwin W. Siegfried store in the Johnson Exchange building in the 1890s, southeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue. The building burned on December 23, 1900. This store located at...
Exchange Block (circa 1885)
Mills; Buildings; Hotels
The south side of the 300 block of Pennsylvania Avenue about 1885. The brick building farthest left was home to the Warren Mills, just west of the millrace bridge on Liberty Street. The three-story Exchange...
Falsework for Concrete (1916)
Suspension bridges; Bridges; Concrete
Falsework for the concrete Hickory Street bridge under construction in 1916. This structure, removed and replaced in 2003 and 2004, replaced the 1871 suspension bridge, still in use when this picture was...
Fifth and Liberty Looking East (circa 1880)
View east ca 1880 across Warren from along Fifth Avenue with the intersection of Fifth and Liberty Street at left. The large structure left of center is the recently constructed Warren County courthouse....
Fifth Avenue Bridge (circa 1890)
Bridges; Streets; People; Buildings
View west to the Fifth Avenue bridge from near Conewango Avenue in the 1890s. The store building and houses are on Water Street, and the courthouse tower appears over the frame building at left.
Fifth Avenue Looking South (circa 1880)
A view of the south side of Warren from above Fifth Avenue west, at the head of Poplar Street in about 1880.
Fifth Avenue Looking Southeast (1895)
View southeast across Warren from along Fifth Avenue near Hazel Street in 1895.
Fire Engine: Steamer 'Rufus P. King' (1873)
Fires; Banks; Streets; People
Steamer 'Rufus P. King' acquired by the borough of Warren in 1873 or 1874, and given to the scrap drive in WWII, shown in operation on the Liberty Street bridge during the Warren Savings Bank / Watson-Davis...
First National Bank (1881)
Banks; Streets; Politicians
The First National Bank building, north side of Second Avenue above Liberty (ex-Betty Lee, etc.) draped in September 1881 for the death of President Garfield. Original building on this site was Dunn's...
add to favorites
page 3 of 18 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^