Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
Stores & Shops
page 1 of 1 : (
add to favorites
Liberty Street Looking Southeast (1873)
Dwellings; Historical societies; Churches
View from above Liberty Street, looking southeast across Fifth Avenue, in 1873. At center is the brick mansard-roofed Struthers-Wetmore-Schimmelfeng house (now -2004- Warren County Historical Society headquarters)....
Fifth Avenue Looking Southeast (1895)
View southeast across Warren from along Fifth Avenue near Hazel Street in 1895.
Poplar Street Looking Southeast (circa 1895)
Cemeteries; Buildings; Railroad bridges
View of Warren in 1895 or 1896, southeast from above Fifth Avenue at the head of Poplar Street. Oakland Cemetery is on the hillside beyond the railroad bridge.
Edwin W. Siegfried Store Interior, Johnson Exchange Block, Liberty Street and Second Avenue (1890)
People; Interiors; Stores & shops
Probably the Edwin W. Siegfried store in the Johnson Exchange building in the 1890s, southeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue. The building burned on December 23, 1900. This store located at...
View of Warren, PA (1863)
Covered bridges; Churches
A view of Warren, looking east, in 1863. At upper center is the covered bridge over Conewango Creek at Pennsylvania Avenue. Church spires are, left to right, Presbyterian, Baptist, Evangelical, and Methodist....
Ludlow House Hotel at Market Street and Second Avenue (circa 1890)
Hotels; Streets; Schools
Ludlow House hotel, southeast corner of Market Street and Second Avenue, in the 1890s. The former Warren High School was built here in 1897 and removed in 1960 for construction of Market Street School....
Liberty and Second Street Intersection (1854)
Johnson's Exchange was built in 1854 on the southeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue. It burned in 1900 and was replaced by buildings now owned by Northwest Savings Bank but for many years...
William D. Brown House (1873)
The William D. Brown house at the southeast corner of Fourth Avenue and Liberty Street was built in 1867. It is shown here in 1873, in a view across the tracks of the Dunkirk, Allegheny Valley & Pittsburgh...
Thomas Clemons House (1953)
Automobiles; Dwellings; Parks
The Thomas Clemons house stood on the southeast corner of Fourth Avenue and Market Street. It was built in 1836 and enlarged in 1860. Shown here in 1953, the house was razed in 1965. The lot is now a city...
Col. David Gardner in a Parade (circa 1910)
Parades & processions; People
Col. David Gardner, Marshall of Memorial Day Parade, in G.A.R. uniform. Building in rear is at southeast corner of Liberty Street and Third Avenue; built by Ebenezer Jackson and later called the Sill House....
Watson Hose Company (circa 1900)
Fire stations; Costumes; People
Watson Hose Company members at the Third Avenue fire house in Warren's city building at the southeast corner of Third Avenue and Hickory Street, ca 1900. A small Blair Corporation parking lot now (2004)...
Warren High School (circa 1950)
Illustrations; Schools; Buildings
Warren High School, southeast corner of Market Street and Second Avenue, ca 1950. Warren High School was built in 1896-1897 and razed in 1961.
Second Avenue and Market Street (1896)
Schools; Hotels; Carts & wagons; Cigars, Groceries & liquors, Boots & shoes
The Ludlow House hotel, circa 1865, at the southeast corner of Second Avenue and Market Street. The Warren High School was built on this corner in 1896 and replaced in 1961 with the Market Street Elementary...
Corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and Liberty Street (1899)
millrace; Stores & shops
The southeast corner of Pennsylvania Avenue ( then 440 Water Street) and Liberty Street, in 1899 the site of the bridge across the millrace at Liberty (across the race is part of the Piso building). Shops...
add to favorites
page 1 of 1 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^