Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
Harold C. Putnam
H. C. Putnam
page 1 of 3 : (
add to favorites
Tanner Hill View of Market Street (1863)
Aerial views; Churches; Streets
An 1863 view of Warren from Tanner Hill, looking down Market Street. The two brick buildings at center are the first county office building and courthouse. To the right are the steeples of the Baptist...
Warren Armory (circa 1925)
Warren Armory, 330 Hickory Street, about 1925. First used in 1910, it was for many years the home of Company I, 16th Regiment, NGP. In 2004 it is in active use as the Warren Area Student Union. The church...
Warren Savings Bank Fire (1889)
Bank; Fires; People
A February 1889 fire destroyed the Warren Savings Bank at The Point, and behind it the old Watson-Davis brick block. In 1891 the new bank (now, 2004, National City Bank) was constructed on the site of...
The Scott House at the Point of Pennsylvania and Second Avenues (1873)
The Scott House Hotel occupied the Watson-Davis block for only a few years, closing in 1873, the year of this picture. Warren Street Railway horse car tracks are in the foreground on Second Avenue. This...
First National Bank (1896)
First National Bank, north side of Second Avenue between Liberty Street and The Point in 1896. Merged with Warren National Bank in 1953. The lower façade was revised as neo-classical in 1911. Later a...
Citizens National Bank (circa 1900)
The Citizens National Bank building at the northeast corner of Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue ca 1900. Built in 1888 it is now (2004) occupied by Community Consumer Discount Company and other commercial...
Warren Savings Bank at The Point (circa 1890)
Banks; Buildings; Fires
The Warren Savings Bank and the three-story Watson-Davis block immediately behind about 1890. These buildings and two others attached to the east were destroyed in a February 1889 fire. They were replaced...
Brick Factory Buildings of the Piso Company (circa 1900)
Brick industry; millrace
Brick factory buildings of the Piso Company on the Island (millrace in the foreground) ca 1900. At right is the race bridge at the foot of Liberty Street. This site is now (2004) occupied in part by a...
Tannery at Glade Run (circa 1910)
Bridges; Leather industry
View northwest from the south end of the Glade bridge towards the tannery at Glade Run, now (2004) the site of the United Refining Company. Photo by Charles Chase, circa 1910.
Glenni W. Scofield Office Building (circa 1917)
The Glenni W. Scofield office building, built 1854-1855, on the east side of Liberty Street ca 1917. This structure and the Scofield stone mansion to its right were removed in 1928 for construction of...
The Hoffman Block
The Hoffman block when nearly new, ca 1885, at the northeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue. Numerous businesses occupied this building until it was razed in 1929. The Kresge building (now,...
South Side Looking North (circa 1916)
Buildings; Banks; Churches; Schools
View north from above the south side in 1916 or 1917. Prominent large buildings are left, the First Methodist Church (site of city fire station), the Struthers Library Building, and right, the Warren Bank...
Pennsylvania Avenue (1868)
Buildings; Banks; Hotels
Intersection of Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue in 1868. At left is Archibald Tanner's store building. The Carver House hotel dominates the scene, with, at right, the brick Tanner building, later...
Andrew Ludlow Building (circa 1875)
The Andrew Ludlow building, northeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue in 1875 or slightly later. This early business block was replaced in turn by the Hoffman building (1883) and the Kresge...
Second Avenue: Verback's Block (circa 1869)
North side of Second Avenue, Verback's block being built in 1869 (later the site of Printz Co., Carnahan's, in 2004 - The Emporium). Far right shows groceries and liquors. Note spire of First Baptist church...
Warren Post Office in the Struthers Building (1905)
Buildings; People; Post offices; Postmasters
Liberty Street entrance to Warren Post Office in the Struthers building, March 1, 1905. Left to right: Mason R. Emery, Frederick Gutzler, William Cameron, Thomas W. Weakley, Sam Prescott, George Pierce,...
Second Avenue at the Point (circa 1888)
Buildings; Streets; Carts & wagons
Second Avenue, looking east from The Point at Pennsylvania Avenue, about 1888. At extreme right is the nearly-new (1883) Hoffman building at Second Avenue and Liberty Street (now - 2004 - the site of the...
Second Avenue and Liberty Street (circa 1880)
Buildings; Streets; Carts & Wagons
View from Watson-Davis block of the intersection of Second Avenue and Liberty Street about 1880. Left, the Allen block; center, the Ludlow block (later the site of Kresge's and now, 2004, the Liberty Street...
Frank Barney Hack Driver (1911)
Carriages & coaches; People; Horses
Hack driver Frank Barney poses with his rig at the entrance to the new Struthers Hotel in 1911. This building at the northeast corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and Liberty Street was replaced in 2004 with...
Pennsylvania Avenue Watson-Davis Block (circa 1865)
Carts & wagons; Buildings
View east, circa 1865, on Pennsylvania Avenue across Liberty Street. Left, the Watson-Davis block, and center, the large frame Bysecker block. The small frame buildings beyond are on the site of the present...
add to favorites
page 1 of 3 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^