Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
Harold C. Putnam
H. C. Putnam
page 1 of 3 : (
add to favorites
William D. Brown House (1873)
The William D. Brown house at the southeast corner of Fourth Avenue and Liberty Street was built in 1867. It is shown here in 1873, in a view across the tracks of the Dunkirk, Allegheny Valley & Pittsburgh...
Watson Hose Company (circa 1900)
Fire stations; Costumes; People
Watson Hose Company members at the Third Avenue fire house in Warren's city building at the southeast corner of Third Avenue and Hickory Street, ca 1900. A small Blair Corporation parking lot now (2004)...
Water Works (1910)
Waterworks; Rivers; Buildings
The Island water works, circa 1910? This portion of The Island was later occupied by the Loranger manufacturing plant, now (2004) being adapted to multiple use by the city of Warren.
Warren-Jamestown Streetcar 51 (circa 1905)
Warren-Jamestown streetcar #51 heading north at the north Warren station ca 1905. Dunkirk, Allegheny Valley & Pittsburgh Railroad tracks are at left. The streetcar right-of-way is now (2004) occupied by...
Warren Savings Bank Fire (1889)
Bank; Fires; People
A February 1889 fire destroyed the Warren Savings Bank at The Point, and behind it the old Watson-Davis brick block. In 1891 the new bank (now, 2004, National City Bank) was constructed on the site of...
Warren Savings Bank at The Point (circa 1890)
Banks; Buildings; Fires
The Warren Savings Bank and the three-story Watson-Davis block immediately behind about 1890. These buildings and two others attached to the east were destroyed in a February 1889 fire. They were replaced...
Warren Post Office in the Struthers Building (1905)
Buildings; People; Post offices; Postmasters
Liberty Street entrance to Warren Post Office in the Struthers building, March 1, 1905. Left to right: Mason R. Emery, Frederick Gutzler, William Cameron, Thomas W. Weakley, Sam Prescott, George Pierce,...
Warren Armory (circa 1925)
Warren Armory, 330 Hickory Street, about 1925. First used in 1910, it was for many years the home of Company I, 16th Regiment, NGP. In 2004 it is in active use as the Warren Area Student Union. The church...
Thomas Struthers House (1895)
The Thomas Struthers house at the northeast corner of Market Street and Third Avenue in 1895, shortly before being razed to make way for the present (2004) First Presbyterian Church. The stone portion...
The Scott House at the Point of Pennsylvania and Second Avenues (1873)
The Scott House Hotel occupied the Watson-Davis block for only a few years, closing in 1873, the year of this picture. Warren Street Railway horse car tracks are in the foreground on Second Avenue. This...
The Point at Pennsylvania and Second Avenues (circa 1868)
Churches; Banks; Streets
The Point (Second Avenue and Pennsylvania Avenue West) in 1868. In the distance is the spire of the then First Presbyterian Church on Market Street. The Beecher and Copeland Hardware stood on a portion...
The Hoffman Block
The Hoffman block when nearly new, ca 1885, at the northeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue. Numerous businesses occupied this building until it was razed in 1929. The Kresge building (now,...
The Fletcher Parker house (1920)
Dwellings; Post offices
The Fletcher Parker house, northeast corner of Liberty Street and Third Avenue, about 1920. Now (2004) the site of the Warren Post Office building constructed in 1931-32.
Tannery at Glade Run (circa 1910)
Bridges; Leather industry
View northwest from the south end of the Glade bridge towards the tannery at Glade Run, now (2004) the site of the United Refining Company. Photo by Charles Chase, circa 1910.
Tanner-Scofield House (circa 1885)
The Tanner-Scofield house, east side of Liberty Street between Second and Third Avenues (in 2004 the site of the former Montgomery Ward building). Built in 1833, it was razed in 1928. Photo 1895 (?)
Tanner Hill View of Market Street (1863)
Aerial views; Churches; Streets
An 1863 view of Warren from Tanner Hill, looking down Market Street. The two brick buildings at center are the first county office building and courthouse. To the right are the steeples of the Baptist...
South Side Looking North (circa 1916)
Buildings; Banks; Churches; Schools
View north from above the south side in 1916 or 1917. Prominent large buildings are left, the First Methodist Church (site of city fire station), the Struthers Library Building, and right, the Warren Bank...
Second Avenue: Verback's Block (circa 1869)
North side of Second Avenue, Verback's block being built in 1869 (later the site of Printz Co., Carnahan's, in 2004 - The Emporium). Far right shows groceries and liquors. Note spire of First Baptist church...
Second Avenue at the Point (circa 1888)
Buildings; Streets; Carts & wagons
Second Avenue, looking east from The Point at Pennsylvania Avenue, about 1888. At extreme right is the nearly-new (1883) Hoffman building at Second Avenue and Liberty Street (now - 2004 - the site of the...
Second Avenue at the Point (1869)
Shoe stores; Clothing stores; Buildings
An early (1869) photo of the south side of Second Avenue west of Liberty Street to The Point. The fourth frame building from the corner housed Smith's shoe store; next was the Central Clothing Store. The...
add to favorites
page 1 of 3 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^