Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
page 1 of 1 : (
add to favorites
Warren-Jamestown Street Railway Co Passenger & Baggage Car at Liberty Street (circa 1906)
Department stores; Street railroads; People
Smith's department store, later Levinson department store and then Janick's department store, now part of Northwest Savings Bank office complex. Warren-Jamestown Street Railway passenger car--trolley--and...
Edwin W. Siegfried Store Interior, Johnson Exchange Block, Liberty Street and Second Avenue (1890)
People; Interiors; Stores & shops
Probably the Edwin W. Siegfried store in the Johnson Exchange building in the 1890s, southeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue. The building burned on December 23, 1900. This store located at...
Liberty Street and Pennsylvania Avenue: New Struthers Hotel (1880)
Hotels; Streets; Street railroads
The New Struthers Hotel (ex-Warren Hotel) at the northeast corner of Liberty Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. Built in 1880, this structure was razed in 2003 to make way for a new Northwest Savings Bank...
Pennsylvania Avenue Watson-Davis Block (circa 1865)
Carts & wagons; Buildings
View east, circa 1865, on Pennsylvania Avenue across Liberty Street. Left, the Watson-Davis block, and center, the large frame Bysecker block. The small frame buildings beyond are on the site of the present...
The Scott House at the Point of Pennsylvania and Second Avenues (1873)
The Scott House Hotel occupied the Watson-Davis block for only a few years, closing in 1873, the year of this picture. Warren Street Railway horse car tracks are in the foreground on Second Avenue. This...
Tannery at Glade Run (circa 1910)
Bridges; Leather industry
View northwest from the south end of the Glade bridge towards the tannery at Glade Run, now (2004) the site of the United Refining Company. Photo by Charles Chase, circa 1910.
Liberty and Second Street Intersection (1854)
Johnson's Exchange was built in 1854 on the southeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue. It burned in 1900 and was replaced by buildings now owned by Northwest Savings Bank but for many years...
Frank Barney Hack Driver (1911)
Carriages & coaches; People; Horses
Hack driver Frank Barney poses with his rig at the entrance to the new Struthers Hotel in 1911. This building at the northeast corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and Liberty Street was replaced in 2004 with...
Watson-Davis Block (1889)
Fires; Buildings; Banks
The Watson-Davis Block/Warren Savings Bank fire of 1889 in a view west on Second Avenue to The Point. This entire triangular block is now (2006) occupied the Northwest Savings Bank (1965) and the National...
Liberty Street and Pennsylvania Avenue (circa 1910)
Railroads; Buildings; Banks
Intersection of Liberty Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, ca 1910. At center is the Allen block. The Warren Street Railway offices and waiting room were in this building, now the site of headquarters of...
Allegheny Valley & Pittsburgh Railroad at Dunkirk (circa 1895)
Dunkirk, Allegheny Valley & Pittsburgh Railroad depot at the northwest corner of Laurel Street and Fourth Avenue, built in 1893 and razed in 1939. Photo probably taken very shortly after construction,...
John F. Davis House (1900)
The John F. Davis house at the northwest corner of Market Street and Second Avenue, in 1900. It was moved to Beech Street (where it later became the office of Oneida Lumber) and the Conewango Club was...
Kirberger Paint Shop on The Island (1865)
The Kirberger Paint Shop on The Island, 1865. The bridge crossed the millrace at the foot of Liberty Street. The clerestory building at left was built as a barrel works and stood until 1964, one of the...
Banking Room (circa 1925)
Banking room of Warren National Bank, northwest corner of Second Avenue and Liberty Street, 1925 or later. Now (2004) PNC Bank, after a period of ownership by Marine Bank.
Second Avenue at the Point (1869)
Shoe stores; Clothing stores; Buildings
An early (1869) photo of the south side of Second Avenue west of Liberty Street to The Point. The fourth frame building from the corner housed Smith's shoe store; next was the Central Clothing Store. The...
Warren Savings Bank at The Point (circa 1890)
Banks; Buildings; Fires
The Warren Savings Bank and the three-story Watson-Davis block immediately behind about 1890. These buildings and two others attached to the east were destroyed in a February 1889 fire. They were replaced...
Intersection of Liberty Street and Pennsylvania Avenue (1880)
Hotels; Street railroads
Liberty Street at Water Street (now Pennsylvania Avenue West) looking north about 1908. The New Struthers Hotel, built in 1880 and first known as the Warren Hotel, is now occupied by a Northwest Savings...
D.A.V. & P Railroad Passenger Depot (????)
Railroad stations; Railroads; People; Buildings
Dunkirk, Allegheny Valley & Pittsburgh passenger depot, at the northwest corner of Laurel Street and Fourth Avenue, demolished after passenger service ceased in 1937. Original station was at Beech Street...
add to favorites
page 1 of 1 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^