Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
H. C. Putnam
Harold C. Putnam
page 8 of 19 : (
add to favorites
Liberty Street Looking Southeast (1873)
Dwellings; Historical societies; Churches
View from above Liberty Street, looking southeast across Fifth Avenue, in 1873. At center is the brick mansard-roofed Struthers-Wetmore-Schimmelfeng house (now -2004- Warren County Historical Society headquarters)....
Judge Rasselas Brown House (circa 1890)
The Judge Rasselas Brown House, northeast corner of Hazel Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, was built in 1866 and razed in 1906. It was replaced that year with a home built by Charles Jameson, which in 1949...
Birthplace of Honorable W. D. Brown, Judge (1817)
Home in which Judge William D. Brown was born in Sugar Grove, the first frame house in Warren County, completed in 1817.
Third Avenue Looking West (1929)
Dwellings; Libraries; Post offices
Third Avenue looking west to Liberty Street, Fletcher Parker house (site of post office) and Struthers Library building. Right of the Parker house are the Norman C. Allen house, and the YMCA, December...
David Beaty Mansion (1875)
Dwellings; Oil well drilling rigs
David Beaty's mansion on Conewango Avenue near Fifth Avenue in 1875. It was built in 1873. In 1939 the entire front section of the house was removed and the remainder remodeled with standard pitched roofs...
Tanner Hill Looking East (circa 1878)
Dwellings; Oil well drilling rigs; Streams
View ca 1878 looking east over Warren from Tanner Hill. The brick David Beaty mansion, surrounded by his large acreage dotted with oil wells, appears just right of center in the middle distance across...
Liberty Street - Lewis Arnett House (1875)
The Lewis Arnett house on east side of Liberty Street (200 block) being demolished in 1875 for building of Dr. William V. Hazeltine, later the site of Conewango Building and Loan, Warren Trust Company,...
Thomas Clemons House at Fourth Avenue (circa 1886)
Dwellings; People; Buildings
315 Fourth Avenue (High Street) about 1886. Thomas Clemons house, built in 1836 and 1860. Donald P. Falconer on fence at left; Robert C. Falconer on fence at right near tree; left to right behind fence...
The Fletcher Parker house (1920)
Dwellings; Post offices
The Fletcher Parker house, northeast corner of Liberty Street and Third Avenue, about 1920. Now (2004) the site of the Warren Post Office building constructed in 1931-32.
William D. Brown House (1873)
The William D. Brown house at the southeast corner of Fourth Avenue and Liberty Street was built in 1867. It is shown here in 1873, in a view across the tracks of the Dunkirk, Allegheny Valley & Pittsburgh...
Starling Waters House on Second Avenue (circa 1890)
Starling Waters house on the north side of Second Avenue between East and Market Streets circa 1890.
Warren Savings Bank (circa 1889)
South side of Second Avenue, west of Liberty, the morning after the February 1889 fire that destroyed the Warren Savings Bank and the Watson-Davis building attached to the east.
Watson Hose Company (circa 1900)
Fire stations; Costumes; People
Watson Hose Company members at the Third Avenue fire house in Warren's city building at the southeast corner of Third Avenue and Hickory Street, ca 1900. A small Blair Corporation parking lot now (2004)...
Allegheny River Valley View (circa 1935)
Fire Towers; Valleys
Allegheny River Valley below Kinzua, Pennsylvania, from Coal Knob Fire Tower, circa 1935.
Great Clarendon Fire (1887)
A scene 10 days after the great Clarendon fire of July 4 and 5, 1887, looking east across the burned-out district.
Warren Savings Bank Fire (1889)
Fires; Banks; Buildings
The Lewis Watson-John Davis block/Warren Savings Bank fire of 1889. A view toward the south side of Second Avenue, the three-story Watson-Davis building at center, and the bank attached to the right.
Fire Engine: Steamer 'Rufus P. King' (1873)
Fires; Banks; Streets; People
Steamer 'Rufus P. King' acquired by the borough of Warren in 1873 or 1874, and given to the scrap drive in WWII, shown in operation on the Liberty Street bridge during the Warren Savings Bank / Watson-Davis...
Watson-Davis Block (1889)
Fires; Buildings; Banks
The Watson-Davis Block/Warren Savings Bank fire of 1889 in a view west on Second Avenue to The Point. This entire triangular block is now (2006) occupied the Northwest Savings Bank (1965) and the National...
Clarendon Fire (1887)
Fires; Construction workers; Railroads
The burned-out sections of Clarendon, under reconstruction, 10 days after the great fire of July 4, 1887. A view west from near the Philadelphia & Erie railroad depot.
Clarendon Fire Looking South (1887)
Fires; Construction; Railroads
A view south over the burned district in Clarendon after the fire of July 4 and 5, 1887. At extreme upper left is the depot of the Philadelphia & Erie railroad on which materials were shipped in for reconstruction....
add to favorites
page 8 of 19 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^