Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
1875 or Slightly Later
page 1 of 1 : (
add to favorites
Presbyterian Church (circa 1868)
The second First Presbyterian Church building, on the east side of Market Street near Third Avenue, circa 1868. Built on the site of the first church, it became home of the Bethlehem Covenant congregation...
View of Warren, PA (1863)
Covered bridges; Churches
A view of Warren, looking east, in 1863. At upper center is the covered bridge over Conewango Creek at Pennsylvania Avenue. Church spires are, left to right, Presbyterian, Baptist, Evangelical, and Methodist....
The Point at Pennsylvania and Second Avenues (circa 1868)
Churches; Banks; Streets
The Point (Second Avenue and Pennsylvania Avenue West) in 1868. In the distance is the spire of the then First Presbyterian Church on Market Street. The Beecher and Copeland Hardware stood on a portion...
Liberty Street Between Fourth and Fifth Avenues (1873)
Streets; Courthouses; Buildings
Liberty Street between Fourth and Fifth Avenues in 1873. At left center are the county office building and the 1825 Warren County Courthouse. Just right of center is the Mansion House and behind it the...
Second Avenue and Liberty Street (ca 1875)
Intersection of Second Avenue and Liberty Street ca 1875. Left (later site of Warren National Bank) is the Allen block. At center is the Andrew Ludlow building. Church spires are left, First Presbyterian,...
Market Street looking North (circa 1910)
Churches; Street railroads
Looking north up Market Street from Third Avenue. First Presbyterian church at right. An early open streetcar at center. Photo by Charles Chase ca 1910.
Andrew Ludlow Building (circa 1875)
The Andrew Ludlow building, northeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue in 1875 or slightly later. This early business block was replaced in turn by the Hoffman building (1883) and the Kresge...
Liberty Street Looking Southeast (1873)
Dwellings; Historical societies; Churches
View from above Liberty Street, looking southeast across Fifth Avenue, in 1873. At center is the brick mansard-roofed Struthers-Wetmore-Schimmelfeng house (now -2004- Warren County Historical Society headquarters)....
Scott House at The Point: Pennsylvania Avenue and Second Street (1873)
Hotels; Banks; Churches
At The Point in 1873. The Scott House hotel, in the Watson-Davis block at right, lasted only a few years. The brick building farthest right on Second Avenue was the new (1871) First National Bank. Right...
Thomas Struthers House (1895)
The Thomas Struthers house at the northeast corner of Market Street and Third Avenue in 1895, shortly before being razed to make way for the present (2004) First Presbyterian Church. The stone portion...
Second Avenue at the Point (1868)
North side of Second Avenue circa 1868. Brick buildings replacing the frame structures shown here became home to firms such as First National Bank, the Printz and Carnahan stores, G.C. Murphy's, and Warren...
Second Avenue and Liberty Street (circa 1880)
Buildings; Streets; Carts & Wagons
View from Watson-Davis block of the intersection of Second Avenue and Liberty Street about 1880. Left, the Allen block; center, the Ludlow block (later the site of Kresge's and now, 2004, the Liberty Street...
add to favorites
page 1 of 1 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^