Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
page 3 of 10 : (
add to favorites
Warren Armory (circa 1925)
Warren Armory, 330 Hickory Street, about 1925. First used in 1910, it was for many years the home of Company I, 16th Regiment, NGP. In 2004 it is in active use as the Warren Area Student Union. The church...
Pennsylvania Avenue West (circa 1916)
Buildings; Churches; Fire stations
View from the south side of Warren's 400 block of Pennsylvania Avenue in 1916 or 1917. The Hickory Street bridge completed in 1918 is under construction. Major buildings, left to right, are the Trinity...
Hatton Block (circa 1910)
The 1896 Hatton block is shown here about 1910. [The first (1872) horse car barn for the street railway was located on this corner at Pennsylvania Avenue and Franklin Street.] Hatton block occupants over...
Charles W. Rathbun House (circa 1917)
Charles W. Rathbun house at the northeast corner of East Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. Dr. Elizabeth Beaty constructed her brick home (still standing) on this site, ca 1917. The porch columns from the...
The Hoffman Block
The Hoffman block when nearly new, ca 1885, at the northeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue. Numerous businesses occupied this building until it was razed in 1929. The Kresge building (now,...
Liberty Street Looking North (1906)
Liberty Street looking north from Second Avenue, 1906. Note the first YMCA building in the center. Warren National Bank (PNC Bank) is at left, the Struthers Library building in the distance, on Third Avenue....
Pennsylvania Avenue Looking North East
View northeast to Pennsylvania Avenue near the foot of Market street from The Island. The millrace is in the foreground. The two-story building with tall windows at exact center was the Hultberg block,...
Market Street Looking West (1910)
View from the foot of Market Street looking west on Pennsylvania Avenue, 1910.
Poplar Street Looking Southeast (circa 1895)
Cemeteries; Buildings; Railroad bridges
View of Warren in 1895 or 1896, southeast from above Fifth Avenue at the head of Poplar Street. Oakland Cemetery is on the hillside beyond the railroad bridge.
East Side of Liberty Street (circa 1940)
East side of Liberty Street from Pennsylvania Avenue to beyond Second Avenue in Warren, ca 1940.
Liberty Street Looking North (circa 1940)
The 200 block of Liberty Street, looking north from Second Avenue ca 1940.
Hickory Street Looking North (circa 1940)
Hickory Street looking north toward Carver House and Pennsylvania Avenue ca 1940.
Hickory Street Looking Toward Warren (circa 1920)
Illustrations; Rivers; Bridges
View of Warren and the Hickory Street bridge, ca 1920 or slightly later.
Wendelboe store on Liberty Street (1890)
Stores & shops; People; Paint & wallpaper
The original Wendelboe store on the west side of Liberty Street between Second and Third Avenues circa 1890. Left to right: George Geracimos Sr., Necolai K. Wendelboe, Mayme Wendelboe, and an unidentified...
Lott's Greenhouse on Liberty Street (1896)
William Lott's greenhouse in 1896. East side of Liberty Street above Third Avenue, site of the second YMCA, now Canterbury Court Apartments north of the post office.
Pennsylvania Avenue and Liberty Street (circa 1875)
Buildings; Water towers
Intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue and Liberty Street circa 1875. Cook and Northrop Stationary, Confections, Cigars and Post Office advertisement on the tower. millrace bridge at right, with The Island...
Intersection of Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue (1868)
Hotels; Streets; People
An 1868 view of the intersection of Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, with the Carver House hotel as centerpiece. A new brick building on the Avenue 400 block was under construction after an 1867...
Rafts at Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue (1887)
Rivers; Exhibition buildings; People; Baby carriages
View from Hickory Street to the river and south side fairgrounds in 1887. The Carver House hotel is at right. Ladies in period dress with prams. Note the high-wheeler at right.
D.A.V. & P Railroad Passenger Depot (????)
Railroad stations; Railroads; People; Buildings
Dunkirk, Allegheny Valley & Pittsburgh passenger depot, at the northwest corner of Laurel Street and Fourth Avenue, demolished after passenger service ceased in 1937. Original station was at Beech Street...
View of Warren, PA from Millrace 'Frog pond' (1910)
millrace; Schools; Churches; People
View in 1910 across the millrace at 'the frogpond' north to the intersection of Market Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. Right of center the two spires of Warren High School are visible and to their left,...
add to favorites
page 3 of 10 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^