Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
Carts & Wagons
page 1 of 3 : (
add to favorites
The Fletcher Parker house (1920)
Dwellings; Post offices
The Fletcher Parker house, northeast corner of Liberty Street and Third Avenue, about 1920. Now (2004) the site of the Warren Post Office building constructed in 1931-32.
Warren Suspension Bridge Looking North (circa 1905)
People; Dogs; Suspension bridges; Bridges
View north across the Warren suspension bridge about 1905. Buildings lost to fires include the Carver House hotel in 1956 at left, the center section of the east side of Hickory Street in 1933 (the site...
Conewango Looking Up (circa 1878)
Swing bridges; Oil well drilling rigs; Streams
Looking up the Conewango from below Jefferson Avenue, showing original Third Avenue swinging (foot) bridge and original wooden Fifth Avenue bridge, about 1878. Both bridges were taken out by ice in 1883....
Warren State Hospital Original Buildings (circa 1885)
Hospitals; Carriage houses; Oil well drilling rigs;
Original buildings of the Warren State Hospital in about 1885. The cornerstone for Center Building was laid in 1874 and construction ended in 1880. Other buildings shown include the powerhouse and the...
Keller and Head Blacksmith Shop (circa 1901)
Forge shops; Businesses
Keller and Head blacksmith shop, south side of Pennsylvania Avenue, located where Busy Bee Restaurant is now (2004). Andrew Hertzel in straw hat, Burdette G. Gregory at left, about 1901-1902.
The Fletcher Parker House (circa 1920)
The Fletcher Parker house on the northeast corner of Third Avenue and Liberty Street about 1920(?). Left are the First Baptist Church and the Norman C. Allen house. The corner lots have been occupied by...
Warren Savings Bank at The Point (circa 1875)
Warren Savings Bank at The Point, Second and Pennsylvania Avenue, about 1875. This building was constructed in front of the Watson-Davis block, the 3-story building directly behind it.
Warren Armory (circa 1925)
Warren Armory, 330 Hickory Street, about 1925. First used in 1910, it was for many years the home of Company I, 16th Regiment, NGP. In 2004 it is in active use as the Warren Area Student Union. The church...
Hurdy-Gurdy on Pennsylvania Avenue (circa 1902)
Carts & wagons; Horses; Musical instruments; Hurdy-Gurdy
Hurdy-Gurdy on Pennsylvania Avenue East about 1902. Shown are buildings on the north side of the avenue between Franklin and Prospect Streets. The brick structure at left was for many years the location...
Fifth Avenue Looking South (circa 1880)
A view of the south side of Warren from above Fifth Avenue west, at the head of Poplar Street in about 1880.
Interior of the Post Office in the Struthers Library Building (circa 1910)
Interiors; People; Libraries; Post offices
Interior of the post office in the Struthers Library Building about 1910. At this time the Post Office occupied the entire first-floor front of the building. Starling Waters, postmaster, is left front...
South Side Looking Downtown (circa 1900)
Suspension bridges; Buildings
View of downtown Warren from the south side about 1900. The Carver House hotel, Citizens Bank (across Hickory Street) and the 1871 suspension bridge are prominent.
Pennsylvania Railroad (circa 1890)
The Pennsylvania Railroad (ex-Philadelphia and Erie Railroad) passenger station about 1890 or slightly later, before removal of the cupola and enlargement of the lower roof. The depot was built in 1868...
Samuelson Family Reunion (circa 1901)
Reunions; Families; People
Samuelson family reunion about 1901 at Irvinedale Park.
Warren-Jamestown Street Railway Co Passenger & Baggage Car at Liberty Street (circa 1906)
Department stores; Street railroads; People
Smith's department store, later Levinson department store and then Janick's department store, now part of Northwest Savings Bank office complex. Warren-Jamestown Street Railway passenger car--trolley--and...
Warren Savings Bank Flat Iron Building at The Point (circa 1885)
View east on Pennsylvania Avenue from near Hickory Street about 1885. The original Warren Savings Bank building, shown here on The Point, burned in 1889. Its replacement was built in 1891.
View of Warren, PA (circa 1890)
Valleys; Railroads; Churches; Exhibition buildings
View south from Beech Street extension. At center is the Dunkirk & Allegheny Valley and Pittsburgh Railroad freight and passenger station. At right are the St. Josephs Catholic Church, old fairgrounds...
Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue (Water Street) (circa 1860)
Streets; Buildings; Stores & shops
Hickory Street and Water Street (now Pennsylvania Avenue) about 1860. Three-story wood building beyond Carver House is James block, built in 1852. Right, the Tanner brick block, now (2004) the site of...
Guy Irvine House: 'The Locusts' (circa 1831)
The Locusts - Guy Irvine's house below Russell, built 1831-1835. Original fence and portico removed, then later restored by Will A. Walker. Photo about 1905.
Western Union Telegraph Office (circa 1885)
People; Buildings; Telegraph
Exchange Block (300 block of Pennsylvania Avenue West) about 1885. In front of Western Union Telegraph Office: 1. Jack Hawk, telegraph operator 2. Fred Cook 3. J.K. Simpson, Supt. Of Western Union 4. Charles...
add to favorites
page 1 of 3 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^