Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
H. C. Putnam
Harold C. Putnam
page 1 of 6 : (
add to favorites
Andrew Ludlow Building (circa 1875)
The Andrew Ludlow building, northeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue in 1875 or slightly later. This early business block was replaced in turn by the Hoffman building (1883) and the Kresge...
Glenni W. Scofield Office Building (circa 1917)
The Glenni W. Scofield office building, built 1854-1855, on the east side of Liberty Street ca 1917. This structure and the Scofield stone mansion to its right were removed in 1928 for construction of...
Dr. William V. Hazeltine Building (circa 1885)
Physicians; Dwellings; Buildings
The Dr. William V. Hazeltine/Floridin building, east side of Liberty Street (site of the Spiridon building), ca 1885. It housed numerous tenants over the years including Conewango Building and Loan, Warren...
Hickory Street Market (1905)
Hickory Street market about 1905. Brick paved street. Above what is now Snuffy's (2004) Restaurant (far right) was a Turkish bath. Oysters were available on the ground floor at Madden's. The building space...
Liberty Street - Lewis Arnett House (1875)
The Lewis Arnett house on east side of Liberty Street (200 block) being demolished in 1875 for building of Dr. William V. Hazeltine, later the site of Conewango Building and Loan, Warren Trust Company,...
Kirberger Paint Shop on The Island (1865)
The Kirberger Paint Shop on The Island, 1865. The bridge crossed the millrace at the foot of Liberty Street. The clerestory building at left was built as a barrel works and stood until 1964, one of the...
Interior of the Post Office in the Struthers Library Building (circa 1910)
Interiors; People; Libraries; Post offices
Interior of the post office in the Struthers Library Building about 1910. At this time the Post Office occupied the entire first-floor front of the building. Starling Waters, postmaster, is left front...
Warren Savings Bank at The Point (circa 1890)
Banks; Buildings; Fires
The Warren Savings Bank and the three-story Watson-Davis block immediately behind about 1890. These buildings and two others attached to the east were destroyed in a February 1889 fire. They were replaced...
Warren Armory (circa 1925)
Warren Armory, 330 Hickory Street, about 1925. First used in 1910, it was for many years the home of Company I, 16th Regiment, NGP. In 2004 it is in active use as the Warren Area Student Union. The church...
Pennsylvania Avenue West (circa 1916)
Buildings; Churches; Fire stations
View from the south side of Warren's 400 block of Pennsylvania Avenue in 1916 or 1917. The Hickory Street bridge completed in 1918 is under construction. Major buildings, left to right, are the Trinity...
The Hoffman Block
The Hoffman block when nearly new, ca 1885, at the northeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue. Numerous businesses occupied this building until it was razed in 1929. The Kresge building (now,...
Liberty Street Looking North (1906)
Liberty Street looking north from Second Avenue, 1906. Note the first YMCA building in the center. Warren National Bank (PNC Bank) is at left, the Struthers Library building in the distance, on Third Avenue....
Lesser Sisters House and Store (circa 1958)
Lesser sisters house and store building, 309 and 311 Third Avenue West, shortly before being razed to make way for a New Process Company addition. Brick building at far right is the New Process Company,...
Warren Post Office in the Struthers Building (1905)
Buildings; People; Post offices; Postmasters
Liberty Street entrance to Warren Post Office in the Struthers building, March 1, 1905. Left to right: Mason R. Emery, Frederick Gutzler, William Cameron, Thomas W. Weakley, Sam Prescott, George Pierce,...
Warren Emergency Hospital Original Building (circa 1905)
Original main building of the Warren Emergency Hospital on the south side ca 1905.
Second Avenue at the Point (1869)
Shoe stores; Clothing stores; Buildings
An early (1869) photo of the south side of Second Avenue west of Liberty Street to The Point. The fourth frame building from the corner housed Smith's shoe store; next was the Central Clothing Store. The...
Historic Stone house on Fourth Avenue (circa 1912)
Old stone building on Fourth Avenue opposite the location of the Warren County courthouse built in 1834 by Robert Falconer for Lumberman's Bank and a tavern. Later Diamond House, Tanner House, and Mansion...
Warren Savings Bank Flat Iron Building at The Point (circa 1885)
View east on Pennsylvania Avenue from near Hickory Street about 1885. The original Warren Savings Bank building, shown here on The Point, burned in 1889. Its replacement was built in 1891.
Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue (Water Street) (circa 1860)
Streets; Buildings; Stores & shops
Hickory Street and Water Street (now Pennsylvania Avenue) about 1860. Three-story wood building beyond Carver House is James block, built in 1852. Right, the Tanner brick block, now (2004) the site of...
First National Bank (1881)
Banks; Streets; Politicians
The First National Bank building, north side of Second Avenue above Liberty (ex-Betty Lee, etc.) draped in September 1881 for the death of President Garfield. Original building on this site was Dunn's...
add to favorites
page 1 of 6 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^