Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
page 1 of 1 : (
add to favorites
Edwin W. Siegfried Store Interior, Johnson Exchange Block, Liberty Street and Second Avenue (1890)
People; Interiors; Stores & shops
Probably the Edwin W. Siegfried store in the Johnson Exchange building in the 1890s, southeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue. The building burned on December 23, 1900. This store located at...
Pennsylvania Avenue Street Fair (1897)
Buildings; Street musicians; Festivals
Pennsylvania Avenue at Liberty Street. Warren Street Fair of 1897 (before 1901 as Johnson Exchange burned in 1900). Adam Shutt (behind wagon) on platform of Warren Mills (Pickett Hardware 1953). Some kind...
The Scott House at the Point of Pennsylvania and Second Avenues (1873)
The Scott House Hotel occupied the Watson-Davis block for only a few years, closing in 1873, the year of this picture. Warren Street Railway horse car tracks are in the foreground on Second Avenue. This...
Conewango Dam (circa 1910)
Churches, Bridges; Rivers; Dams
Old wooden dam on the Conewango Creek (just below Beaty Junior High School, where concrete dam is now) circa 1910. The church at left is the 1911 St. Paul's Lutheran which burned in 1915 and was immediately...
Glade Run House Hotel (1865)
Hotels; Lithographs; Carriages & coaches
The Glade Run House (predecessor to the Allegheny Hotel, on the same site) in an 1865 lithograph. Built about 1850, it burned in 1875.
Trinity Episcopal Church - Original (circa 1890)
The original Trinity Episcopal Church building at Poplar Street and Pennsylvania Avenue West, ca 1890 (?). Built in 1866, it was replaced at the site by a stone church building in 1897. The wooden church...
Warren Mills and Adjoining Buildings (circa 1875)
Mills; Buildings; Streets
Part of Warren Mills and buildings adjoining on the west ca 1875. South side of Pennsylvania Avenue west of Liberty Street. Burned 1881. (Note: Irregularity at left).
Liberty and Second Street Intersection (1854)
Johnson's Exchange was built in 1854 on the southeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue. It burned in 1900 and was replaced by buildings now owned by Northwest Savings Bank but for many years...
Clarendon Fire Looking South (1887)
Fires; Construction; Railroads
A view south over the burned district in Clarendon after the fire of July 4 and 5, 1887. At extreme upper left is the depot of the Philadelphia & Erie railroad on which materials were shipped in for reconstruction....
Pittsfield Pennsylvania (circa 1920)
Confectioneries; Buildings; Post offices; Ice cream & ices
Pittsfield, Pennsylvania, in the early to mid-1920s. The two-story frame building, constructed by Wilson McGrew and owned by H.E. Brooks, burned in 1928. Occupants at time of the picture were the Anderson...
Gas Auto Taxies at the Carver House (circa 1865)
Automobiles; Taxicabs; Taxicab drivers; Banks
The two first gas auto taxis in Warren, posing in front of the Carver House, Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, in 1913. On the opposite corner is the Citizens Bank building (now Community Consumer...
Warren Savings Bank Flat Iron Building at The Point (circa 1885)
View east on Pennsylvania Avenue from near Hickory Street about 1885. The original Warren Savings Bank building, shown here on The Point, burned in 1889. Its replacement was built in 1891.
add to favorites
page 1 of 1 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^