Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
page 1 of 1 : (
add to favorites
Exchange Block (circa 1885)
Mills; Buildings; Hotels
The south side of the 300 block of Pennsylvania Avenue about 1885. The brick building farthest left was home to the Warren Mills, just west of the millrace bridge on Liberty Street. The three-story Exchange...
Edward D. Wetmore Home (circa 1894)
Edward D. Wetmore home, 608 Pennsylvania Avenue west, ca 1894. On the block now (2004) occupied by St. Joseph's Church and School.
Lansing Wetmore Family Home (1886)
The home of the Lansing Wetmore family, built in 1838 on the south side of Second Avenue between Market and Liberty Streets, stood partly on the present site of offices of the United Refining Company....
Presbyterian Church (circa 1868)
The second First Presbyterian Church building, on the east side of Market Street near Third Avenue, circa 1868. Built on the site of the first church, it became home of the Bethlehem Covenant congregation...
Corner of Third Avenue and Hickory Street (circa 1890)
Schools; Streets; Buildings; millrace
Central and Union schools, northeast corner of Third Avenue and Hickory Street, circa 1890. Central, at left, was added in 1871 to the older Union building, built in 1854 and razed in 1900. Central was...
Dr. Fernando Randall (1898)
People; Dwellings; Physicians
Dr. Fernando Randall, state geologist, at his home at 503 Fourth Avenue, Warren, 1898
Replica blockhouse (1895)
blockhouse; Boy Scouts
Replica blockhouse built on the south side fairgrounds for the 1895 Warren Centennial. The building has stood since 1939 on a private home property near Russell, having been moved there from its second...
William D. Brown House (1873)
The William D. Brown house at the southeast corner of Fourth Avenue and Liberty Street was built in 1867. It is shown here in 1873, in a view across the tracks of the Dunkirk, Allegheny Valley & Pittsburgh...
Judge Rasselas Brown House (circa 1890)
The Judge Rasselas Brown House, northeast corner of Hazel Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, was built in 1866 and razed in 1906. It was replaced that year with a home built by Charles Jameson, which in 1949...
Jefferson Street Looking West (1880)
Oil wells; Dwellings; Buildings
View west from above Jefferson Street to downtown Warren in 1880. At far left are the recently-built brick Jefferson Street school and next to it, the original one-story frame school building now (2004)...
Glenni W. Scofield Office Building (circa 1917)
The Glenni W. Scofield office building, built 1854-1855, on the east side of Liberty Street ca 1917. This structure and the Scofield stone mansion to its right were removed in 1928 for construction of...
Warren Armory (circa 1925)
Warren Armory, 330 Hickory Street, about 1925. First used in 1910, it was for many years the home of Company I, 16th Regiment, NGP. In 2004 it is in active use as the Warren Area Student Union. The church...
Col. David Gardner in a Parade (circa 1910)
Parades & processions; People
Col. David Gardner, Marshall of Memorial Day Parade, in G.A.R. uniform. Building in rear is at southeast corner of Liberty Street and Third Avenue; built by Ebenezer Jackson and later called the Sill House....
Charles W. Rathbun House (circa 1917)
Charles W. Rathbun house at the northeast corner of East Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. Dr. Elizabeth Beaty constructed her brick home (still standing) on this site, ca 1917. The porch columns from the...
Second Avenue at the Point (1868)
North side of Second Avenue circa 1868. Brick buildings replacing the frame structures shown here became home to firms such as First National Bank, the Printz and Carnahan stores, G.C. Murphy's, and Warren...
Birthplace of Honorable W. D. Brown, Judge (1817)
Home in which Judge William D. Brown was born in Sugar Grove, the first frame house in Warren County, completed in 1817.
add to favorites
page 1 of 1 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^