Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
H. C. Putnam
Harold C. Putnam
page 1 of 19 : (
add to favorites
Conewango Dam (circa 1910)
Churches, Bridges; Rivers; Dams
Old wooden dam on the Conewango Creek (just below Beaty Junior High School, where concrete dam is now) circa 1910. The church at left is the 1911 St. Paul's Lutheran which burned in 1915 and was immediately...
Rogers Sawmill at Rogertown (1917)
The Rogers sawmill in Rogertown east of Warren in 1917. At left is what is now (2004) route 59. The Allegheny River is behind the trees to the right. The view is to the west.
The Point a Celebration (1885)
Celebrations; Banks; Buildings; Streets
East at The Point in September 1885 during a local celebration instituting the Warren Commandery, Masons. At center is the Warren Savings Bank, behind it is the three-story Watson-Davis block, and a block...
Liberty Street Between Fourth and Fifth Avenues (1873)
Streets; Courthouses; Buildings
Liberty Street between Fourth and Fifth Avenues in 1873. At left center are the county office building and the 1825 Warren County Courthouse. Just right of center is the Mansion House and behind it the...
Hickory Street Market (1905)
Hickory Street market about 1905. Brick paved street. Above what is now Snuffy's (2004) Restaurant (far right) was a Turkish bath. Oysters were available on the ground floor at Madden's. The building space...
Carver House Hotel (circa 1880)
Hotels; Churches; Streets
Carver House hotel and the 400 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, circa 1880. At the end of the block is the steeple of the original Trinity Episcopal church. The Hall block (three stories) is at left center....
Flood of 1913 at The Island (1913)
Floods; Buildings; Waterworks
Looking east on The Island from the Piso building during the flood of 1913. Clark Street runs up The Island, and the millrace, thoroughly flooded, is behind the row of buildings on the left. The smoke...
Second Avenue and Liberty Street (ca 1875)
Intersection of Second Avenue and Liberty Street ca 1875. Left (later site of Warren National Bank) is the Allen block. At center is the Andrew Ludlow building. Church spires are left, First Presbyterian,...
Suspension Bridge, Lockup and Tollbooth (circa 1875)
Suspension bridges; bridges; Toll bridges; Winter view
The 1871 Warren suspension bridge in 1875. At left is the frame city lockup. The brick building on the bridge approach is the tollbooth (the second, replacing a Victorian gothic original in 1873).
Liberty Street Looking Southeast (1873)
Dwellings; Historical societies; Churches
View from above Liberty Street, looking southeast across Fifth Avenue, in 1873. At center is the brick mansard-roofed Struthers-Wetmore-Schimmelfeng house (now -2004- Warren County Historical Society headquarters)....
William D. Brown House (1873)
The William D. Brown house at the southeast corner of Fourth Avenue and Liberty Street was built in 1867. It is shown here in 1873, in a view across the tracks of the Dunkirk, Allegheny Valley & Pittsburgh...
Courthouse with Homer Putnam (circa 1890)
People; Politicians; Courthouse
Unidentified subject (political gathering? teachers' institute? county school directors?) ca 1890 at the courthouse. Homer M. Putnam stands at top left, Col. Lewis Finley Watson (white beard) is front...
Second Avenue Looking East (1876)
Celebrations; Dwellings; Hotels
Looking east on Second Avenue across Market Street in 1876 during the U.S.A. Centennial. At left is the Lewis F. Watson house (site of First Methodist Church) and at right is the Ludlow House hotel, later...
Carver House Hotel (1860)
Among the earliest photos taken in Warren is this 1860 view of the Carver House, built in 1849, and right, the Tanner business block. The site is the intersection of Hickory Street with Pennsylvania Avenue....
South Side Looking North (circa 1916)
View north in 1916 or 1917 from the south side. The Hickory Street bridge is under construction at left. The lower end of The Island, Breeze Point, is at right.
Brick Factory Buildings of the Piso Company (circa 1900)
Brick industry; millrace
Brick factory buildings of the Piso Company on the Island (millrace in the foreground) ca 1900. At right is the race bridge at the foot of Liberty Street. This site is now (2004) occupied in part by a...
Suspension Bridge (circa 1890)
Suspension bridges; bridges; Churches; Hotels
A view of Warren's 1871 suspension bridge from the south side in the late 1890s. At far left of the 400 block of Pennsylvania Avenue is the new Episcopal Church, built in 1897, and at the far right is...
Portrait of Chief Cornplanter, Seneca Tribe (circa 1800)
Portraits; Indigenous peoples; People
Portrait of Chief Cornplanter painted circa 1800 in New York City by itinerant artist F. Bartoli. The original is owned by the New York Historical Society. A copy by Elton Davis is on exhibit at the Warren...
Intersection of Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue (1868)
Streets; Stores & shops; People
Intersection of Water Street (Pennsylvania Avenue) and Hickory Street in 1868. Stacked materials to the right were used in building the Hall block across the street, in the 400 block of Pennsylvania Avenue....
Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue (Water Street) (circa 1860)
Streets; Buildings; Stores & shops
Hickory Street and Water Street (now Pennsylvania Avenue) about 1860. Three-story wood building beyond Carver House is James block, built in 1852. Right, the Tanner brick block, now (2004) the site of...
add to favorites
page 1 of 19 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^