Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
page 1 of 2 : (
add to favorites
Trinity Episcopal Church - Original (circa 1890)
The original Trinity Episcopal Church building at Poplar Street and Pennsylvania Avenue West, ca 1890 (?). Built in 1866, it was replaced at the site by a stone church building in 1897. The wooden church...
John F. Davis House (1900)
The John F. Davis house at the northwest corner of Market Street and Second Avenue, in 1900. It was moved to Beech Street (where it later became the office of Oneida Lumber) and the Conewango Club was...
Presbyterian Church (circa 1868)
The second First Presbyterian Church building, on the east side of Market Street near Third Avenue, circa 1868. Built on the site of the first church, it became home of the Bethlehem Covenant congregation...
Tanner Store at Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue (1816)
General stores; Buildings
Archibald Tanner's 1816 general store building on the south side of Pennsylvania Avenue, just west of the Exchange Block and next to the suspension bridge. It stood until 1909 when the Soldiers and Sailors...
Dr. William V. Hazeltine Building (circa 1885)
Physicians; Dwellings; Buildings
The Dr. William V. Hazeltine/Floridin building, east side of Liberty Street (site of the Spiridon building), ca 1885. It housed numerous tenants over the years including Conewango Building and Loan, Warren...
Warren Armory (circa 1925)
Warren Armory, 330 Hickory Street, about 1925. First used in 1910, it was for many years the home of Company I, 16th Regiment, NGP. In 2004 it is in active use as the Warren Area Student Union. The church...
The Hoffman Block
The Hoffman block when nearly new, ca 1885, at the northeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue. Numerous businesses occupied this building until it was razed in 1929. The Kresge building (now,...
Flat Boat at Conewango Creek Dam (circa 1880)
Flatboats; boats; people; Floods
A trading, or flat, boat built in Russell by Ira Briggs was stuck on the Conewango dam in Warren in the mid-to late 1880s. High water soon floated it off the dam and it was taken on down river. Pilot Lorenzo...
Judge Rasselas Brown House (circa 1890)
The Judge Rasselas Brown House, northeast corner of Hazel Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, was built in 1866 and razed in 1906. It was replaced that year with a home built by Charles Jameson, which in 1949...
Jefferson Street Looking West (1880)
Oil wells; Dwellings; Buildings
View west from above Jefferson Street to downtown Warren in 1880. At far left are the recently-built brick Jefferson Street school and next to it, the original one-story frame school building now (2004)...
Thomas Clemons House (1953)
Automobiles; Dwellings; Parks
The Thomas Clemons house stood on the southeast corner of Fourth Avenue and Market Street. It was built in 1836 and enlarged in 1860. Shown here in 1953, the house was razed in 1965. The lot is now a city...
David Beaty Mansion (1875)
Dwellings; Oil well drilling rigs
David Beaty's mansion on Conewango Avenue near Fifth Avenue in 1875. It was built in 1873. In 1939 the entire front section of the house was removed and the remainder remodeled with standard pitched roofs...
Warren Savings Bank at The Point (circa 1875)
Warren Savings Bank at The Point, Second and Pennsylvania Avenue, about 1875. This building was constructed in front of the Watson-Davis block, the 3-story building directly behind it.
Col. David Gardner in a Parade (circa 1910)
Parades & processions; People
Col. David Gardner, Marshall of Memorial Day Parade, in G.A.R. uniform. Building in rear is at southeast corner of Liberty Street and Third Avenue; built by Ebenezer Jackson and later called the Sill House....
Pennsylvania Avenue West (circa 1916)
Buildings; Churches; Fire stations
View from the south side of Warren's 400 block of Pennsylvania Avenue in 1916 or 1917. The Hickory Street bridge completed in 1918 is under construction. Major buildings, left to right, are the Trinity...
Swinging Bridge at Third Avenue (1877)
Bridges; Suspension bridges; Schools
The swinging footbridge at Third Avenue about 1900. It was replaced in 1904 with an iron auto bridge. At left rear is the original (1877) Jefferson Street School.
The Point a Celebration (1885)
Celebrations; Banks; Buildings; Streets
East at The Point in September 1885 during a local celebration instituting the Warren Commandery, Masons. At center is the Warren Savings Bank, behind it is the three-story Watson-Davis block, and a block...
Citizens National Bank (circa 1900)
The Citizens National Bank building at the northeast corner of Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue ca 1900. Built in 1888 it is now (2004) occupied by Community Consumer Discount Company and other commercial...
Second Avenue and Liberty Street (circa 1880)
Buildings; Streets; Carts & Wagons
View from Watson-Davis block of the intersection of Second Avenue and Liberty Street about 1880. Left, the Allen block; center, the Ludlow block (later the site of Kresge's and now, 2004, the Liberty Street...
Lansing Wetmore Family Home (1886)
The home of the Lansing Wetmore family, built in 1838 on the south side of Second Avenue between Market and Liberty Streets, stood partly on the present site of offices of the United Refining Company....
add to favorites
page 1 of 2 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^