Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
Harold C. Putnam
page 1 of 3 : (
add to favorites
First National Bank Building (1800)
Banks; Buildings; Broadcasting
Original First National Bank building, 310 Second Avenue, built in 1871-1872 on the site of Dunn's Tavern. The lower facade was remodeled in 1911 and later enclosed becoming part of the Betty Lee store....
Andrew Ludlow Building (circa 1875)
The Andrew Ludlow building, northeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue in 1875 or slightly later. This early business block was replaced in turn by the Hoffman building (1883) and the Kresge...
Warren Savings Bank Building (1910)
Banks; Street railroads
The Warren Savings Bank building at Pennsylvania and Second Avenue in 1910 or slightly later. Note streetcar disappearing from view at far right.
Brown Brothers Foundry & Machine Shop: Pennsylvania Avenue West (1855)
The 1855 Brown Brothers Foundry (later site of Struthers-Wells) on Pennsylvania Avenue West at the Pennsylvania Railroad crossing. This frame building stood where the remaining Struthers brick shops now...
John F. Davis House (1900)
The John F. Davis house at the northwest corner of Market Street and Second Avenue, in 1900. It was moved to Beech Street (where it later became the office of Oneida Lumber) and the Conewango Club was...
Hickory Street Looking Toward Warren (circa 1920)
Illustrations; Rivers; Bridges
View of Warren and the Hickory Street bridge, ca 1920 or slightly later.
Banking Room (circa 1925)
Banking room of Warren National Bank, northwest corner of Second Avenue and Liberty Street, 1925 or later. Now (2004) PNC Bank, after a period of ownership by Marine Bank.
First National Bank (1896)
First National Bank, north side of Second Avenue between Liberty Street and The Point in 1896. Merged with Warren National Bank in 1953. The lower façade was revised as neo-classical in 1911. Later a...
Pennsylvania Railroad (circa 1890)
The Pennsylvania Railroad (ex-Philadelphia and Erie Railroad) passenger station about 1890 or slightly later, before removal of the cupola and enlargement of the lower roof. The depot was built in 1868...
Second Avenue at the Point (1868)
North side of Second Avenue circa 1868. Brick buildings replacing the frame structures shown here became home to firms such as First National Bank, the Printz and Carnahan stores, G.C. Murphy's, and Warren...
Second Avenue and Liberty Street (circa 1880)
Buildings; Streets; Carts & Wagons
View from Watson-Davis block of the intersection of Second Avenue and Liberty Street about 1880. Left, the Allen block; center, the Ludlow block (later the site of Kresge's and now, 2004, the Liberty Street...
Historic Stone house on Fourth Avenue (circa 1912)
Old stone building on Fourth Avenue opposite the location of the Warren County courthouse built in 1834 by Robert Falconer for Lumberman's Bank and a tavern. Later Diamond House, Tanner House, and Mansion...
Warren-Jamestown Street Railway Co Passenger & Baggage Car at Liberty Street (circa 1906)
Department stores; Street railroads; People
Smith's department store, later Levinson department store and then Janick's department store, now part of Northwest Savings Bank office complex. Warren-Jamestown Street Railway passenger car--trolley--and...
Water Works (1910)
Waterworks; Rivers; Buildings
The Island water works, circa 1910? This portion of The Island was later occupied by the Loranger manufacturing plant, now (2004) being adapted to multiple use by the city of Warren.
Pennsylvania Avenue (circa 1875)
Buildings; Carts & wagons; Horses
South side of Pennsylvania Avenue just west of Liberty Street, circa 1875. Warren Mills, G. Irwin's livery and exchange stable, and later the site of Pickett's Hardware.
Intersection of Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue (1868)
Streets; Stores & shops; People
Intersection of Water Street (Pennsylvania Avenue) and Hickory Street in 1868. Stacked materials to the right were used in building the Hall block across the street, in the 400 block of Pennsylvania Avenue....
Fire Engine: Steamer 'Rufus P. King' (1873)
Fires; Banks; Streets; People
Steamer 'Rufus P. King' acquired by the borough of Warren in 1873 or 1874, and given to the scrap drive in WWII, shown in operation on the Liberty Street bridge during the Warren Savings Bank / Watson-Davis...
Guy Irvine House: 'The Locusts' (circa 1831)
The Locusts - Guy Irvine's house below Russell, built 1831-1835. Original fence and portico removed, then later restored by Will A. Walker. Photo about 1905.
D.A.V. & P Railroad Passenger Depot (????)
Railroad stations; Railroads; People; Buildings
Dunkirk, Allegheny Valley & Pittsburgh passenger depot, at the northwest corner of Laurel Street and Fourth Avenue, demolished after passenger service ceased in 1937. Original station was at Beech Street...
Leonhart & Son, Harness Makers (1885)
People; Stores & shops; Houseboats
Leonhart & Son, Harness Makers, shop in extreme west end of the Exchange block of Pennsylvania Avenue, circa 1885. An addition to the west later housed the Warren VFW chapter clubrooms. This portion of...
add to favorites
page 1 of 3 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^