Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
page 1 of 1 : (
add to favorites
Thomas Clemons House at Fourth Avenue (circa 1886)
Dwellings; People; Buildings
315 Fourth Avenue (High Street) about 1886. Thomas Clemons house, built in 1836 and 1860. Donald P. Falconer on fence at left; Robert C. Falconer on fence at right near tree; left to right behind fence...
Beaty Field and Jackson Street (circa 1880)
Buildings; Rivers; Towers
A view west from the foot of Jackson Street near the Conewango Creek dam circa 1880.
Millrace (circa 1904)
millrace; Rivers; Trees
View of Warren's millrace from near Pennsylvania Avenue East, looking south towards the river and The Island, circa 1904.
View of Warren, PA (1885)
Building, Rivers, Trees
An 1885 view of Warren to the east, from above Fifth Avenue near Hazel Street.
Railroad Bridge (circa 1890)
Railroad bridges; Buildings
View circa 1890 from along Fifth Avenue near Laurel Street, looking west to the covered Philadelphia and Erie railroad bridge. The county fairgrounds on the south side appear left. At the center is St....
Presbyterian Church (circa 1868)
The second First Presbyterian Church building, on the east side of Market Street near Third Avenue, circa 1868. Built on the site of the first church, it became home of the Bethlehem Covenant congregation...
Rafts at Warren Eddy (circa 1887)
Rivers; Streets; Exhibition buildings
View to the south side fairgrounds, circa 1887, from Pennsylvania Avenue West near Hickory Street.
Fifth Avenue Bridge (circa 1890)
Bridges; Streets; People; Buildings
View west to the Fifth Avenue bridge from near Conewango Avenue in the 1890s. The store building and houses are on Water Street, and the courthouse tower appears over the frame building at left.
Arnett House at Liberty Street and Third Avenue (circa 1875)
The Lewis Arnett house on the east side of Liberty Street near Third Avenue. Today, 2004, the site is occupied by the Spiridon building, headquarters of the Allegheny National Forest. Photo circa 1875....
Replica blockhouse (1895)
blockhouse; Boy Scouts
Replica blockhouse built on the south side fairgrounds for the 1895 Warren Centennial. The building has stood since 1939 on a private home property near Russell, having been moved there from its second...
Liberty Street Looking South (1917)
Looking south on Liberty Street from near Third Avenue in 1917. The homes are, left to right, Archibald Tanner-Glenni Scofield and Otis Hoffman. The Hoffman business block stands behind the house on the...
Clarendon Fire (1887)
Fires; Construction workers; Railroads
The burned-out sections of Clarendon, under reconstruction, 10 days after the great fire of July 4, 1887. A view west from near the Philadelphia & Erie railroad depot.
Fifth Avenue Looking Southeast (1895)
View southeast across Warren from along Fifth Avenue near Hazel Street in 1895.
David Beaty Mansion (1875)
Dwellings; Oil well drilling rigs
David Beaty's mansion on Conewango Avenue near Fifth Avenue in 1875. It was built in 1873. In 1939 the entire front section of the house was removed and the remainder remodeled with standard pitched roofs...
Bakery Near Suspension Bridge Site (1879)
Law & legal affairs; Carts & wagons; Bakeries
This rig was photographed on November 5, 1879, in front of Archibald Tanner's store building on Pennsylvania Avenue west. According to the sign, its owner is headed for the Salt River Range in extreme...
Pennsylvania Avenue Looking North East
View northeast to Pennsylvania Avenue near the foot of Market street from The Island. The millrace is in the foreground. The two-story building with tall windows at exact center was the Hultberg block,...
Warren Savings Bank Flat Iron Building at The Point (circa 1885)
View east on Pennsylvania Avenue from near Hickory Street about 1885. The original Warren Savings Bank building, shown here on The Point, burned in 1889. Its replacement was built in 1891.
add to favorites
page 1 of 1 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^