Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
1875 or Slightly Later
page 1 of 1 : (
add to favorites
Dave Bairstow Beside the Conewango Creek (circa 1886)
People; Streets; Photographic studios
Dave Bairstow, circa 1886 (born 1882 or 1883). The view is to the northeast across the Conewango Creek towards the Branch stone quarry above Jackson Street. The quarry is visible along the barn roof at...
Liberty Street and Pennsylvania Avenue: New Struthers Hotel (1880)
Hotels; Streets; Street railroads
The New Struthers Hotel (ex-Warren Hotel) at the northeast corner of Liberty Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. Built in 1880, this structure was razed in 2003 to make way for a new Northwest Savings Bank...
Millrace (circa 1888)
millrace; Rivers; Buildings
The millrace, circa 1888. A view northeast from the foot of East Street.
Corner of Third Avenue and Hickory Street (circa 1890)
Schools; Streets; Buildings; millrace
Central and Union schools, northeast corner of Third Avenue and Hickory Street, circa 1890. Central, at left, was added in 1871 to the older Union building, built in 1854 and razed in 1900. Central was...
The Fletcher Parker house (1920)
Dwellings; Post offices
The Fletcher Parker house, northeast corner of Liberty Street and Third Avenue, about 1920. Now (2004) the site of the Warren Post Office building constructed in 1931-32.
Andrew Ludlow Building (circa 1875)
The Andrew Ludlow building, northeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue in 1875 or slightly later. This early business block was replaced in turn by the Hoffman building (1883) and the Kresge...
Tanner Block (circa 1875)
The Tanner block at the northeast corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and Hickory Street ca 1875. Razed in 1888.
Judge Rasselas Brown House (circa 1890)
The Judge Rasselas Brown House, northeast corner of Hazel Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, was built in 1866 and razed in 1906. It was replaced that year with a home built by Charles Jameson, which in 1949...
Frank Barney Hack Driver (1911)
Carriages & coaches; People; Horses
Hack driver Frank Barney poses with his rig at the entrance to the new Struthers Hotel in 1911. This building at the northeast corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and Liberty Street was replaced in 2004 with...
Thomas Struthers House (1895)
The Thomas Struthers house at the northeast corner of Market Street and Third Avenue in 1895, shortly before being razed to make way for the present (2004) First Presbyterian Church. The stone portion...
The Fletcher Parker House (circa 1920)
The Fletcher Parker house on the northeast corner of Third Avenue and Liberty Street about 1920(?). Left are the First Baptist Church and the Norman C. Allen house. The corner lots have been occupied by...
Charles W. Rathbun House (circa 1917)
Charles W. Rathbun house at the northeast corner of East Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. Dr. Elizabeth Beaty constructed her brick home (still standing) on this site, ca 1917. The porch columns from the...
The Hoffman Block
The Hoffman block when nearly new, ca 1885, at the northeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue. Numerous businesses occupied this building until it was razed in 1929. The Kresge building (now,...
Pennsylvania Avenue Looking North East
View northeast to Pennsylvania Avenue near the foot of Market street from The Island. The millrace is in the foreground. The two-story building with tall windows at exact center was the Hultberg block,...
Citizens National Bank (circa 1900)
The Citizens National Bank building at the northeast corner of Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue ca 1900. Built in 1888 it is now (2004) occupied by Community Consumer Discount Company and other commercial...
add to favorites
page 1 of 1 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^