Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
Harold C. Putnam
page 1 of 3 : (
add to favorites
Conewango Dam (circa 1910)
Churches, Bridges; Rivers; Dams
Old wooden dam on the Conewango Creek (just below Beaty Junior High School, where concrete dam is now) circa 1910. The church at left is the 1911 St. Paul's Lutheran which burned in 1915 and was immediately...
Hickory Street Market (1905)
Hickory Street market about 1905. Brick paved street. Above what is now Snuffy's (2004) Restaurant (far right) was a Turkish bath. Oysters were available on the ground floor at Madden's. The building space...
South Side Looking North (circa 1916)
Buildings; Banks; Churches; Schools
View north from above the south side in 1916 or 1917. Prominent large buildings are left, the First Methodist Church (site of city fire station), the Struthers Library Building, and right, the Warren Bank...
Intersection of Liberty Street and Pennsylvania Avenue (1880)
Hotels; Street railroads
Liberty Street at Water Street (now Pennsylvania Avenue West) looking north about 1908. The New Struthers Hotel, built in 1880 and first known as the Warren Hotel, is now occupied by a Northwest Savings...
Warren-Jamestown Street Railway Co Passenger & Baggage Car at Liberty Street (circa 1906)
Department stores; Street railroads; People
Smith's department store, later Levinson department store and then Janick's department store, now part of Northwest Savings Bank office complex. Warren-Jamestown Street Railway passenger car--trolley--and...
Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue (Water Street) (circa 1860)
Streets; Buildings; Stores & shops
Hickory Street and Water Street (now Pennsylvania Avenue) about 1860. Three-story wood building beyond Carver House is James block, built in 1852. Right, the Tanner brick block, now (2004) the site of...
Lesser Sisters House and Store (circa 1958)
Lesser sisters house and store building, 309 and 311 Third Avenue West, shortly before being razed to make way for a New Process Company addition. Brick building at far right is the New Process Company,...
West End School (circa 1900)
The West End School, north side of Pennsylvania Avenue West, between Public Way and Morrison Street, ca 1900. Replaced by McClintock School, now the site of Warren County's Economic Opportunity Council...
Watson Hose Company (circa 1900)
Fire stations; Costumes; People
Watson Hose Company members at the Third Avenue fire house in Warren's city building at the southeast corner of Third Avenue and Hickory Street, ca 1900. A small Blair Corporation parking lot now (2004)...
Brick Factory Buildings of the Piso Company (circa 1900)
Brick industry; millrace
Brick factory buildings of the Piso Company on the Island (millrace in the foreground) ca 1900. At right is the race bridge at the foot of Liberty Street. This site is now (2004) occupied in part by a...
Citizens National Bank (circa 1900)
The Citizens National Bank building at the northeast corner of Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue ca 1900. Built in 1888 it is now (2004) occupied by Community Consumer Discount Company and other commercial...
Warren Post Office in the Struthers Building (1905)
Buildings; People; Post offices; Postmasters
Liberty Street entrance to Warren Post Office in the Struthers building, March 1, 1905. Left to right: Mason R. Emery, Frederick Gutzler, William Cameron, Thomas W. Weakley, Sam Prescott, George Pierce,...
Second Avenue and Liberty Street (circa 1880)
Buildings; Streets; Carts & Wagons
View from Watson-Davis block of the intersection of Second Avenue and Liberty Street about 1880. Left, the Allen block; center, the Ludlow block (later the site of Kresge's and now, 2004, the Liberty Street...
Banking Room (circa 1925)
Banking room of Warren National Bank, northwest corner of Second Avenue and Liberty Street, 1925 or later. Now (2004) PNC Bank, after a period of ownership by Marine Bank.
Second Avenue at the Point (1869)
Shoe stores; Clothing stores; Buildings
An early (1869) photo of the south side of Second Avenue west of Liberty Street to The Point. The fourth frame building from the corner housed Smith's shoe store; next was the Central Clothing Store. The...
Water Street, now Pennsylvania Avenue at Hickory Street (1862)
An 1862 view of Pennsylvania Avenue (then Water Street) at Hickory Street showing, left to right, the Carver House hotel, the Tanner block (brick) and, at far right, the first Mansion House.
Lott's Greenhouse on Liberty Street (1896)
William Lott's greenhouse in 1896. East side of Liberty Street above Third Avenue, site of the second YMCA, now Canterbury Court Apartments north of the post office.
Warren Savings Bank at The Point (circa 1890)
Banks; Buildings; Fires
The Warren Savings Bank and the three-story Watson-Davis block immediately behind about 1890. These buildings and two others attached to the east were destroyed in a February 1889 fire. They were replaced...
Water Works (1910)
Waterworks; Rivers; Buildings
The Island water works, circa 1910? This portion of The Island was later occupied by the Loranger manufacturing plant, now (2004) being adapted to multiple use by the city of Warren.
Intersection of Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue (1868)
Streets; Stores & shops; People
Intersection of Water Street (Pennsylvania Avenue) and Hickory Street in 1868. Stacked materials to the right were used in building the Hall block across the street, in the 400 block of Pennsylvania Avenue....
add to favorites
page 1 of 3 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^