Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
page 1 of 2 : (
add to favorites
Lutheran Church (circa 1871)
Original German Lutheran Church (later St. Paul's), third church building in Warren, 1846--1848. Sold to Swedish-Danish Lutheran Church on August 8, 1871, purchased by C.H. Johnson and wife March 30, 1904...
Trinity Episcopal Church - Original (circa 1890)
The original Trinity Episcopal Church building at Poplar Street and Pennsylvania Avenue West, ca 1890 (?). Built in 1866, it was replaced at the site by a stone church building in 1897. The wooden church...
Conewango Looking Up (circa 1878)
Swing bridges; Oil well drilling rigs; Streams
Looking up the Conewango from below Jefferson Avenue, showing original Third Avenue swinging (foot) bridge and original wooden Fifth Avenue bridge, about 1878. Both bridges were taken out by ice in 1883....
Warren State Hospital Original Buildings (circa 1885)
Hospitals; Carriage houses; Oil well drilling rigs;
Original buildings of the Warren State Hospital in about 1885. The cornerstone for Center Building was laid in 1874 and construction ended in 1880. Other buildings shown include the powerhouse and the...
Warren Emergency Hospital Original Building (circa 1905)
Original main building of the Warren Emergency Hospital on the south side ca 1905.
First National Bank Building (1800)
Banks; Buildings; Broadcasting
Original First National Bank building, 310 Second Avenue, built in 1871-1872 on the site of Dunn's Tavern. The lower facade was remodeled in 1911 and later enclosed becoming part of the Betty Lee store....
Suspension Bridge, Lockup and Tollbooth (circa 1875)
Suspension bridges; bridges; Toll bridges; Winter view
The 1871 Warren suspension bridge in 1875. At left is the frame city lockup. The brick building on the bridge approach is the tollbooth (the second, replacing a Victorian gothic original in 1873).
Jefferson Street Looking West (1880)
Oil wells; Dwellings; Buildings
View west from above Jefferson Street to downtown Warren in 1880. At far left are the recently-built brick Jefferson Street school and next to it, the original one-story frame school building now (2004)...
Methodist Church (circa 1833)
The original First Methodist Church, constructed in 1833 and replaced in 1885 by the second church building on the same site on Third Avenue. This space is now (2004) occupied by the Central Fire Station....
Swinging Bridge at Third Avenue (1877)
Bridges; Suspension bridges; Schools
The swinging footbridge at Third Avenue about 1900. It was replaced in 1904 with an iron auto bridge. At left rear is the original (1877) Jefferson Street School.
Pennsylvania Railroad Warren Station (circa 1800)
Railroad facilities; People
Pennsylvania Railroad pay train at the Warren Station in the 1880s. Engine #2047 is a classic 4-4-O. The depot appears in its original form, before modifications were made about 1900 or shortly after.
John F. Davis House (1900)
The John F. Davis house at the northwest corner of Market Street and Second Avenue, in 1900. It was moved to Beech Street (where it later became the office of Oneida Lumber) and the Conewango Club was...
Rafts at Warren Eddy During Flood of 1873 (1873)
Suspension bridges; bridges; Rivers
North end of the 1871 suspension bridge, and the original tollbooth, during the flood of 1873. A full-size Allegheny lumber raft stands ready at right for departure down-river.
Wendelboe store on Liberty Street (1890)
Stores & shops; People; Paint & wallpaper
The original Wendelboe store on the west side of Liberty Street between Second and Third Avenues circa 1890. Left to right: George Geracimos Sr., Necolai K. Wendelboe, Mayme Wendelboe, and an unidentified...
Portrait of Chief Cornplanter, Seneca Tribe (circa 1800)
Portraits; Indigenous peoples; People
Portrait of Chief Cornplanter painted circa 1800 in New York City by itinerant artist F. Bartoli. The original is owned by the New York Historical Society. A copy by Elton Davis is on exhibit at the Warren...
Warren Savings Bank Flat Iron Building at The Point (circa 1885)
View east on Pennsylvania Avenue from near Hickory Street about 1885. The original Warren Savings Bank building, shown here on The Point, burned in 1889. Its replacement was built in 1891.
Guy Irvine House: 'The Locusts' (circa 1831)
The Locusts - Guy Irvine's house below Russell, built 1831-1835. Original fence and portico removed, then later restored by Will A. Walker. Photo about 1905.
Island (circa 1860)
Western portion of The Island from Pennsylvania Avenue behind the original frame Exchange block buildings including Warren Foundry in the foreground and a paint shop in the background circa 1860. One of...
D.A.V. & P Railroad Passenger Depot (????)
Railroad stations; Railroads; People; Buildings
Dunkirk, Allegheny Valley & Pittsburgh passenger depot, at the northwest corner of Laurel Street and Fourth Avenue, demolished after passenger service ceased in 1937. Original station was at Beech Street...
First National Bank (1881)
Banks; Streets; Politicians
The First National Bank building, north side of Second Avenue above Liberty (ex-Betty Lee, etc.) draped in September 1881 for the death of President Garfield. Original building on this site was Dunn's...
add to favorites
page 1 of 2 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^