Lycoming College Campus: Past and Present Collection
Search results for
Refine your search
Doors & Doorways
page 1 of 1 : (
add to favorites
Long Library, Construction
Athletic fields; Building construction; Flagpoles; Libraries; Sidewalks; Stadiums; Tennis courts
Photo of the beginning of construction of John W. Long Library (now Long Hall administration building). This view is from the west side of Clarke Chapel and Music Building across the south end of the Quad,...
Academic Center, Library Wing of the
Automobiles; Libraries; Shrubs; Sidewalks; Trees; Wings (Building divisions)
View of the back of the newly-constructed John G. Snowden Memorial Library.
Doors & doorways; Dormitories; Sidewalks; Trees; Windows
View of Forrest Hall looking northwest. The three-story residence hall was built to accommodate ninety-two women students. The rooms are arranged as suites, with an adjoining bathroom between two rooms....
Columns; Cupolas; Dormitories; Pediments; Porticoes (Porches); Sidewalks; Trees; Windows
View of the back of Rich Hall from The Quad. The east side of Snowden Memorial Library is behind the building on the left side of the photo. The north end of the front of Crever Hall is behind the building...
Dormitories; Hand railings; Shrubs; Sidewalks; Trees; Windows
View of Forrest Hall looking northwest. This photo was taken in the spring of 1998. The three-story residence hall was built to accommodate ninety-two women students. The rooms are arranged as suites,...
Wertz Student Center
Columns; Pediments; Sidewalks; Student unions; Students
Male students walk on the sidewalk away from the Wertz Student Center, seen here from the back of the building. Built in 1959, the building was named in honor of Bishop D. Frederick Wertz, the president...
Bicycles; Cycling; Cyclists; Gymnasiums; Sidewalks; Trees
Two cyclists pass by the new Lamade Gymnasium. The gymnasium, part of the Physical Education and Recreation Center, is named in honor of George R. Lamade. Mr. Lamade was the publisher of the 'Grit ' newspaper...
Old Science Building
Science education; Sidewalks; Trees; Universities & colleges
A view of the old Science Building just prior to demolition. The building was originally used as part of the Flock's Brewery. Lycoming College acquired it in 1951. It was converted into a science facility...
John W. Long Library
Clock towers; Columns; Fences; Libraries; Pediments; Porticoes (Porches); Shrubs; Sidewalks; Stairways; Trees
Front view of John W. Long Library (now Long Administration Building). The library was built in 1950-51, and named in honor of John W. Long, president of Williamsport Dickinson Seminary and its successors,...
Old Main and Eveland Hall
Balconies; Gates; Lawns; Porches; Shrubs; Sidewalks; Trees; Vines
Students are gathered on the lawn in front of Old Main. Sunlight filters through the trees. The view is looking toward Eveland Hall (Angel Factory). The very front of Old Main with its balcony and porch...
Gates; Manners & customs; Monuments & memorials; Sidewalks; Universities & colleges
The David B Sykes Gate at the entrance to Lycoming College at the corner of Little League Boulevard and Market Street. Mr. Sykes graduated from Williamsport Dickinson Seminary and Junior College in 1938,...
Williams Hall, Entrance
Architraves; Doors & doorways; Dormitories; Lampposts; Pediments; Porticoes (Porches); Sidewalks; Windows
View of the front entrance of Williams Hall. The three-story brick residence hall was built in the Federalist style, with tall, white columns gracing the main entrance. It contains 146 rooms, including...
Heim Biology and Chemistry Building
Doors & doorways; Hand railings; Science education; Sidewalks; Stairways; Windows
The back of the Heim Biology and Chemistry Building.
Williamsport Dickinson Seminary and Junior College Campus, 1933
Columns; Gymnasiums; Storage facilities;Sidewalks; Trees;
View of the campus from the west corner of Old Main looking over at Hilltop Gymnasium and the barn to its right. Note on back: 'Published Sep 10 1933.'
Campus View, 1953
Lampposts; Sidewalks; Students; Trees; Universities & colleges
Students stand chatting in front of the Clarke Chapel (not visible in this photo). The domed building at the left in the background is Flock Brewery. In front of it is Memorial Hall. Beside Memorial Hall...
Old Main and Connecting Walkway to Bradley Hall
Balconies; Cornices; Dormitories; Office buildings; Pediments; Porches; Sidewalks; Trees; Universities & colleges; Wings (Building divisions)
View of the east wing of Old Main looking north. This photo appears in a 1933 brochure, 'Williamsport Dickinson in the Beautiful Alleghenies,' and on the cover of the program for Guest Day, Saturday, May...
Female Student Walking Behind Old Main
Dormitories; Fire escapes; Office buildings; Sidewalks; Trees; Walking; Women
A female student walks east in back of Old Main. On back: 'Published Sept. 19 1948.'
Old Main, North Side
Automobiles; Balconies; Doors & doorways; Dormitories; Office Buildings; Sidewalks; Trees; Wings (Building divisions)
View of the back (north side) of Old Main, with several automobiles parked around it. The diveway was replaced by a sidewalk in 1948.
Automobiles; Doors & doorways; Dormitories; Lampposts; Shutters; Sidewalks; Trees; Windows
Front view of Williams Hall. It contains 146 rooms, including 73 double and single rooms for students, a suite, several lounges, a recreation room, and other laundry, storage, and study areas. It was first...
add to favorites
page 1 of 1 : (
powered by CONTENTdm
Access Pennsylvania Digital Repository
^ to top ^