Lycoming College Campus: Past and Present Collection
Search results for
Refine your search
Doors & Doorways
page 1 of 3 : (
add to favorites
Old Main and Eveland Hall
Balconies; Gates; Lawns; Porches; Shrubs; Sidewalks; Trees; Vines
Students are gathered on the lawn in front of Old Main. Sunlight filters through the trees. The view is looking toward Eveland Hall (Angel Factory). The very front of Old Main with its balcony and porch...
Balconies; Cornices; Cupolas; Dormitories; Gates; Office buildings; Pediments; Stone walls; Trees; Universities & colleges
View of Old Main looking south through the stone gates. The West Wing was built in 1839, the East Wing in 1850, and the center section was added in 1855. That section became six stories of faculty and...
Entrance to Williamsport Dickinson Seminary
Cornices; Cupolas; Dormitories; Gates; Office buildings; Pediments; Porches; Stone walls; Trees; Universities & colleges
View of the entrance to Williamsport Dickinson Seminary looking through the stone gateway toward Old Main and Bradley Hall.
Wesley Hall Following a Snowstorm
Doors & doorways; Dormitories; Pediments; Snow; Students; Trees; Windows
Two students trudge through the snow in front of Wesley Hall, a residence hall at Lycoming College. This photo was taken after a January snow storm.
Old Maintenance Building Demolition
Construction equipment; Construction workers; Demolition; Storage facilities; Trees
The Maintenance Building at the southeast corner of the Lycoming College campus was demolished in 1996 in an effort to clear the area bordering downtown Williamsport. The building had been built in 1850....
Sketch of Old Main
Dormitories; Fences; Gates; Cupolas; Railroad tracks; Railroads; Trees
Photographic print of a sketch of Old Main from the 1860s. This is the way the building looked soon after the three wings were joined in 1855. The fence in this sketch is still wooden. It was later replaced...
Cupolas; Dormitories; Railroad tracks; Snow; Stairways; Stone walls; Trees; Wings (Building divisions)
Old Main and Bradley Hall looking north from the train tracks. The presence of the stone gates indicates that this photo is from the early 1900s.
President's House (Drum House)
College administrators; Doors & doorways; Dwellings; Hand railings; Lintels; Stairways; Trees; Windows
View of the President's House from Elizabeth Street. Drum House was built c.1857 by Charles and Mary Drum and purchased by Williamsport Dickinson Seminary and Junior College in 1931. It served as the president's...
Williamsport Dickinson Seminary and Junior College Campus, 1933
Columns; Gymnasiums; Storage facilities;Sidewalks; Trees;
View of the campus from the west corner of Old Main looking over at Hilltop Gymnasium and the barn to its right. Note on back: 'Published Sep 10 1933.'
Campus View, ca. 1956
Universities & colleges -- Pennsylvania -- Williamsport
Aerial view of the Lycoming College campus in the mid-1950s. The large building, front left, behind the trees, is Old Main. To its right is Bradley Hall. The Clarke Building and Chapel is behind Old Main...
Campus View, 1953
Lampposts; Sidewalks; Students; Trees; Universities & colleges
Students stand chatting in front of the Clarke Chapel (not visible in this photo). The domed building at the left in the background is Flock Brewery. In front of it is Memorial Hall. Beside Memorial Hall...
Old Main and Connecting Walkway to Bradley Hall
Balconies; Cornices; Dormitories; Office buildings; Pediments; Porches; Sidewalks; Trees; Universities & colleges; Wings (Building divisions)
View of the east wing of Old Main looking north. This photo appears in a 1933 brochure, 'Williamsport Dickinson in the Beautiful Alleghenies,' and on the cover of the program for Guest Day, Saturday, May...
Female Student Walking Behind Old Main
Dormitories; Fire escapes; Office buildings; Sidewalks; Trees; Walking; Women
A female student walks east in back of Old Main. On back: 'Published Sept. 19 1948.'
Old Main, North Side
Automobiles; Balconies; Doors & doorways; Dormitories; Office Buildings; Sidewalks; Trees; Wings (Building divisions)
View of the back (north side) of Old Main, with several automobiles parked around it. The diveway was replaced by a sidewalk in 1948.
Old Main Viewed from the Flag Court
Cupolas; Dormitories; Hand railings; Office buildings; Stairways; Stone walls; Trees; Universities & colleges
View of the cupola of Clarke Chapel as seen from the stone stairway of the Flag Court.
Automobiles; Doors & doorways; Dormitories; Lampposts; Shutters; Sidewalks; Trees; Windows
Front view of Williams Hall. It contains 146 rooms, including 73 double and single rooms for students, a suite, several lounges, a recreation room, and other laundry, storage, and study areas. It was first...
Shangraw Athletic Complex and David Person Field
Athletic fields; Autumn; Dwellings; Football; Scoreboards; Spectators; Stadiums; Trees
Aerial view of Shangraw Athletic Complex, looking west. The setting is an autumn afternoon with a football game in progress. The new stadium was designed by Williamsport architect Anthony Visco, and built...
Aerial view of Shangraw Athletic Complex and David Person Field
Athletic fields; Autumn; Communication facilities; Dwellings; Football; Scoreboards; Sports spectators; Stadiums; Trees
Aerial view of Shangraw Athletic Complex and David Person Field, looking north. The setting is an autumn afternoon with a football game in progress.
Aerial View of Lycoming College Campus in Autumn
Athletic fields; Dwellings; Quadrangles (Courtyards); Tennis courts; Trees; Universities & colleges
Autumnal Aerial View of Lycoming College Campus looking south from the baseball field and tennis courts. The large grassy area toward the left center of the photo is The Quad.
Buildings; trees; windows; walkways
A photograph of Old Main. From scrapbook of Edward Lester Lewis.
add to favorites
page 1 of 3 : (
powered by CONTENTdm
Access Pennsylvania Digital Repository
^ to top ^