Search results for
Refine your search
.jpg Resized to 1024 P...
H. C. Putnam
Harold C. Putnam
page 6 of 19 : (
add to favorites
Hickory Street Market (1905)
Hickory Street market about 1905. Brick paved street. Above what is now Snuffy's (2004) Restaurant (far right) was a Turkish bath. Oysters were available on the ground floor at Madden's. The building space...
Mill Pond (circa 1890)
millrace; Waterworks; Rivers
High water on the millrace log pond and The Island in the 1890s. The waterworks stack is at center on a site occupied much later by the former Loranger Plastics firm. The latter building remains in 2004,...
Flood of 1894 (1894)
Streets; People; Floods
High water on Water Street (looking west from the foot of East Street) in the 1890s, possibly during the 1894 flood.
Hoff Business College (1902)
Universities & colleges; People
Hoff Business College (224-226 Pennsylvania Avenue west) students, November 5, 1902. Standing at left, front row, is Ira J. Hoff, founder and director of the school.
Birthplace of Honorable W. D. Brown, Judge (1817)
Home in which Judge William D. Brown was born in Sugar Grove, the first frame house in Warren County, completed in 1817.
Hurdy-Gurdy on Pennsylvania Avenue (circa 1902)
Carts & wagons; Horses; Musical instruments; Hurdy-Gurdy
Hurdy-Gurdy on Pennsylvania Avenue East about 1902. Shown are buildings on the north side of the avenue between Franklin and Prospect Streets. The brick structure at left was for many years the location...
Interior of the Post Office in the Struthers Library Building (circa 1910)
Interiors; People; Libraries; Post offices
Interior of the post office in the Struthers Library Building about 1910. At this time the Post Office occupied the entire first-floor front of the building. Starling Waters, postmaster, is left front...
Pennsylvania Avenue (1868)
Buildings; Banks; Hotels
Intersection of Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue in 1868. At left is Archibald Tanner's store building. The Carver House hotel dominates the scene, with, at right, the brick Tanner building, later...
Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue (Water Street) (circa 1860)
Streets; Hotels; Buildings
Intersection of Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, circa 1860. The Carver House Hotel and the Tanner building across Hickory were two of Warren's earliest brick commercial buildings. Note the denuded...
Liberty Street and Pennsylvania Avenue (circa 1910)
Railroads; Buildings; Banks
Intersection of Liberty Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, ca 1910. At center is the Allen block. The Warren Street Railway offices and waiting room were in this building, now the site of headquarters of...
Intersection of Liberty Street and Second Avenue (circa 1890)
People; Streets; Banks
Intersection of Liberty Street and Second Avenue ca 1890. At left is the second Allen block, and at right the first Allen block, site of Warren National Bank (later Marine Bank and PNC Bank).
Flood of 1913 (1913)
Floods; Forge shops; Hotels; Buildings
Intersection of Market Street and Pennsylvania Avenue during the 1913 flood. The Lyric Hotel building is at right. Across the street, left to right, are the Keller house and blacksmith shop, the Bartsch...
Pennsylvania Avenue and Liberty Street (circa 1875)
Buildings; Water towers
Intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue and Liberty Street circa 1875. Cook and Northrop Stationary, Confections, Cigars and Post Office advertisement on the tower. millrace bridge at right, with The Island...
Water and Market Streets Looking East (circa 1910)
People; Bicycles & tricycles; Buildings; Streets
Intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue and Water and Market Streets, looking east about 1910. Clara Eckardt stands between the cyclists. The Hultberg block is at rear, one section of which had been a wing...
Second Avenue and Liberty Street (ca 1875)
Intersection of Second Avenue and Liberty Street ca 1875. Left (later site of Warren National Bank) is the Allen block. At center is the Andrew Ludlow building. Church spires are left, First Presbyterian,...
Intersection of Hickory Street and Pennsylvania Avenue (1868)
Streets; Stores & shops; People
Intersection of Water Street (Pennsylvania Avenue) and Hickory Street in 1868. Stacked materials to the right were used in building the Hall block across the street, in the 400 block of Pennsylvania Avenue....
Liberty and Second Street Intersection (1854)
Johnson's Exchange was built in 1854 on the southeast corner of Liberty Street and Second Avenue. It burned in 1900 and was replaced by buildings now owned by Northwest Savings Bank but for many years...
Conewango Creek at Allegheny River (1916)
Junction of Conewango Creek and Allegheny River, probably 1916 or 1917.
Keller and Head Blacksmith Shop (circa 1901)
Forge shops; Businesses
Keller and Head blacksmith shop, south side of Pennsylvania Avenue, located where Busy Bee Restaurant is now (2004). Andrew Hertzel in straw hat, Burdette G. Gregory at left, about 1901-1902.
Kinzua valley from Devils Elbow (circa 1940)
Kinzua valley from Devils Elbow, ca 1940.
add to favorites
page 6 of 19 : (
Links of Interest
Warren Library Home
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^